She laughs seeing me trying to defend myself.

We were engrossed in our conversation while preparing the puris.

" Ye khi khi karna ho gya ho aap dono ka toh khana nasta milega" We saw Nandani di standing on the kitchen doorway with her hand folded on her face and annoyance on her face.

I saw Ragini di face losing it's colour seeing an angry Nandani in front of her.

Do they behave the same with her.

"Bas do minute Nandani, hum khana leke aate hai" Ragini di says, her voice so small.

(Just 2 minutes Nandani, we're coming with food)

"Jaldi kijiye, waha mere bhaiyo ko office ke liye der ho raha hai aur yaha aapke gappe khatam nahi ho rhe" she spits.

(Hurry up, my brothers are getting late for office and here you both are gossiping)

"Nandani di, unhe late ho rha hai toh m unke aur bhaiya ke liye khana nikal deti hu aap leti jaiye na" I suggest to save time.

(Nandani di, if they're getting late then I'm arranging plate for him and bhaiya, please take it dining table)

"Aakriti..." Ragini di shakes her head at me.

Before she could say anything further Nandani di storms at me and held my hand quite harshly I must say.

"What did you just say?" She shouts at me angrily making me widen my eyes.

"Nandani -" Ragini di was cut off by Nandani di.

"Now, you will give me work?" Her eyes were literally protruding they way she was glaring at me.

She look scary enough for me to debate if she's humam or some demon.

"I was just trying to save some time" I said defending myself.

"If you wanna save time then stop gossiping and do your work, or else..." she points her index finger to me and leaves the kitchen.

I was still trying to process what happened when I felt a hand on me, it was Ragini di.
She winces seeing the mark on my hand gifted by Nandani di.

"Ye maa beti aisi hi haa choti" She says, her face hiding many untold tales.

(Both mother daughter are like this)

" Let's serve them breakfast, then I'll put some ointment on it"she gestures towards my hand and I nod.

Yesterday I did realise Nandani di was not the friendly type, but I didn't knew she is abusive too.

I am feeling embarassed, this is my first day in this house and she behaved with me this way.

She disrespected me.

I wiped the tears gathering on my eyes.

Am I gonna be stuck my whole life here?
Where did my parents married me .

Bholenath, kuch kijiye.

We both served them food, Vijay bhaiya complimented my kheer while sasu maa and nandani said it wasn't that special.
And my dear husband stayed silent.
I'm glad.

The men of the house left for office.

Leaving me with two witches and luckily one friend.

The whole time I was doing house chores with Ragini di.

When I went in my room to rest for a bit, my mother in law called me to give her foot massage.

I obeyed her wholeheartedly but she kept taunting me that I'm not doing it properly.

I was heartbroken to this type of behaviour of their.

After giving at least an hour or two long foot massage to my mother in-law I was allowed to rest.

I called my parents, even though I'm still hurt by their decision of marrying me.

I couldn't stay mad at them for ever, sooner or later, someday or other, I'll need them.

They had done a lot for me and I'm not going to cut ties with them after marriage.

I told mom about my day, expect the misbehaviour of my in-laws. I told her about Ragini di.

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the door of my room opening.

A tired looking Rishab entered the room.

Seeing him I ended the call and looked everywhere but hum.

The roof look kinda pretty, no?

Without saying anything he laid on his side of the bed.

Neither did I made any effort to break the awkward silence.

I was sitting on my side of the bed, I'll lay down after he's asleep.

"How was your day?" He asks making me look at him.

"Huh?" I say, being shocked as I didn't expect him to initiate any conversation.

He sat up "Aapka din kaisa tha"

"Ji, Ragini di har jagah guide kar rahi toh acha gya" I told him, refusing to say anything about his mom and sister.

I didn't felt it was right to complain him about his mother and sister.

Maybe everything will be fine as the day passes.

I looked at him, trying to smile a bit.

"Bhabhi sath thi toh chinti ki koi baat nahi" He says in agreement and I nod.

He looks at me for moment.
Maybe he's just as nervous and unsure around me as I am.

"How was your day?" I ask him.

I mean if woh effort dikha raha hai toh mujhe bhi baat karni chaiye.

warna mera pati zindagibhar stranger ban reh jayega.

I don't hate Rishabh.

My behaviour towards him yesterday was because I was too overwhelmed with this wedding.

We only met once before are marriage, I knew nothing about him.

But yesterday when he showed his concern towards my consent, I knew he is good human being.

But that doesn't mean I like him.

"Tiring, mera boss mujhe bohot kaam deta hai" He mumbles making me chuckle.

He smiles seeing me laughing.

I stop laughing and stare at this man sitting in front of me.

His soft curls were still set nicely the way it was in the morning, his skin which was more clear than me and his lips were a shade of brownish pink which complimented his soft and light complextion. He had clean shaved, if we were friends I would be teasing him saying chikna. I was still not sure if his eyes are doe or siren, wait they're almond. Yes he has almond eyes.

I still know nothing about  this man and he's my husband.
I haven't even looked at his face properly.
Oh Rishabh, how are we gonna make our marriage work.

"slowly and steadily" he smiles at me.

I widen my eyes
Did I just say that out about?
I squeezed my eyes shut.
2 minutes talking to my husband and I already embarassed myself.

"Aakriti, you sleep I have some things to discuss with bhaiya" he leaves the room.

Happy reading
-wanderer