"no they can't turn us, they can't turn me downnn!" trent sang like his life depended on it as amalia's hand flew to her mouth in an attempt to conceal the laughter that threatened to spiil out. ( it didn't work)

"i don't see why you're laughing, i'm a better singer than you." trent huffed as he rolled her eyes at her.

"whatever you say, mariah carey."

"nah i'm beyonce bitch."

"beyonce can't compare to your talent."

˗ˏˋ ˎˊ˗

❝𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎?❞ the waiter asked the pair as he took them to their table.

a waitress, who couldn't seem to keep her eyes off of trent, came to take their orders.

"what can i get you today?" she asked looking at trent rather than both of them and to be honest amalia couldn't blame her.

"can i just have the steak, medium rare please."

"of course."

"and you?" the waitress asked not even bothering to look at amalia as her eyes were still fixated on trent.

"i'm over here."

"sorry about that, i just got distracted."

"it's fine, can i just have the seafood alfredo pasta."

"are you having any drinks with your food?"

"can i have a water?"

"i'll just have water aswell."

"alright, do you need anything else?" the waitress asked directing her question to trent once again.

"i'm good, mali do you need anything?"

"no i'm fine thank you."

"alright, my name's avery, incase you need me for anything."

"thanks, avery."

"you're too nice."

"what do you mean?"

"she was flirting with you."

"no she wasn't, she's just doing her job."

"if her job was to stare at you."

"i mean can you blame her."

"i can't, can i?" as amalia finished her sentence avery returned with their food.

"here's the steak, the pasta isn't ready yet."

"thank you avery."

"do you need anything else, like drinks or my number?" she asked as she said the last part a bit quieter so that only trent could hear her.

"i appreciate your hospitality, but i'm here with my girlfriend." trent said as he put his hand on top of amalia's.

"oh, i thought, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean to-" avery stumbled on her words as she tried to apologise.

"it's fine." amalia said smiling at her as the embarrassed woman walked away.

"girlfriend?"

"sounds nice doesn't it?"