"But that ass Mayank started—"

"WHATEVER WHOEVER STARTED IT DOESN'T MATTER. NOW STOP." Tannu says finally.

"Now please concentrate on the game, you people." Sonali speaks up. She points at the T.V.

Right!

For which everything started.

"Rohit got out. Fuck man!" Dinu curses dejectedly. He's one of those die-hard fans of Captain Hitman.

And then a series of coos and giggles erupts from the group including Rashi, sitting near the T.V.

"Oh the Prince came to bat aaaahhhhh!!"

"Shubman meri jaan! He's so handsome!"

"How badly I want to wear his sindoor"

"Only in your dreams Nina!"

Ishan looks up gingerly at the T.V. His brain shuts down as he sees the tall figure coming into the camera vision and marching into the field towards the pitch.

Ishan knows, if he carries on looking at the T.V., he will break down. So better not to watch it. He can already feel his head heavy, lips on the verge of wobbling.

He tears his gaze from the T.V. and snuggles more into Mayank's arm, who had his vision locked on the coloured T.V. screen.

The low buzz of the commentators speaking in Hindi reached his ears, all the flowery words praising the Prince of Cricket. It's not helping Ishan to calm down.

No! No! He can't break down here.

He pulls away from Mayank.

"I'm going to bed, Mayu! Feeling a bit tired today."

Mayank immediately frowns, "All okay right? You need medicine?"

"No, no Mayu! It's fine. You know how it is." Ishan gives a droopy smile at his best friend. He gives a peck to his cheeks and gets up, leaving the room, with that sexy yet tired sway of his hips.

Mayank looks worriedly at Bhavna di, who had remained silent through the whole ordeal.

Bhavna nods at him, "I'll check on him. You see the match alright?"

"Okay di!"

Bhavna smiles and caresses his cheek before getting up and trailing after Ishan.

It doesn't take two seconds for Ishan to know who has come and stood at his door. With a leg hitched up on the stool, his back to the door, he is applying moisturiser on his legs.

Oh coming to legs, he needs a shave soon! Ishan thinks.

"Days like this are tough, di!"

He feels a soft hand rubbing his back.

"Was today that rough? You can always ask Amma to not—"

"15000/- di! I couldn't let that go!" Ishan sighs. He rotates himself and hugs Bhavna di tight. She pulls her baby brother towards the bed and gently soothes him, fingers combing through the curly hair. She rocks his body with her own in a soft rhythm.

"How many times today?"

"Three."

"Oh baby!"

"The last one was a group. There were five of them."