Prompt 2

Challenge: Write about solitude.

Alone is how she felt. Alone was not an emotion, it is a state. She truly felt that alone should be an emotion so she could describe it better. "You are alone when you are the only one in a place," is not the way Alexa would describe being alone. She would explain that "alone is when yo have no one there for you and you feel like you don't belong. Being alone makes you think about whether you matter or that ou should even be alive." She is alone.

Alexa sat on the ground and wept; why was she this way? Life should be fun and an amazing experience, filled with friends and family; instead, Alexa was an orphan living on the streets of New York City, dying of Leukimia. She had 5 months left to live and no one cared about her. She was 10 years ole, scounging through trash cans for food and eventually turned to theft. Everyday, Alexa would wake up, steal someone's breakfast and sit near her camp and beg for help; no one would give her the time of day, and she received nothing, not even a single penny. She was alone.

Five months later, a young girl aged 11 was found dead in an alley of New York City. The initial cause of death was Leukiemia, but her body had been so mistreated, it was to tell. This young girl was identified as Alexa; she had no last name. She was not given a funeral, and no one mourned her. She died sad, and alone.

**Don't forget to suggest something!!**