"Sprained ankle." Matt reported. "Guy refused treatment. Where do you want us?"

"The fire's under control. Return to quarters." The taller man instructed without a second thought.

"Hey, we got this, tough guy." Welch smirked, unable to resist the opportunity to taunt him a little.

The blond glared right back at him and moved to retort when a somewhat familiar voice had them all looking upwards.

"HELP!" The building manager shrieked as he dove through a window.

"Oh, my God!" Gabby gasped as he fell all three stories before landing on the snow covered ground with a sickening thud

"Herrmann!" Matt called, immediately rushing forwards to help along with the Candidate.

Ana glanced over at Pridgen but the taller man appeared to be frozen in shock and she let out a soft growl.

"51 to main, we need a second ambo here at Kedzie and Washington." The Captain radioed, urgently. "Tell them to step on it."

"Copy that, 51. Second ambo en route."

"The kid. I went back in looking for her." The manager groaned out despite Gabby's attempts at getting him to stay quiet. "I got trapped in."

Kelly shared an angry look with his wife. This was all Pridgen's fault and they both knew it.

*At Firehouse 51: In the Common Room: A Little While Later*

"Hey, Chief Tiberg." Kelly grinned, looking up from the magazine he'd been reading at the round table.

"Lieutenant Severide." He greeted, warmly, as the younger man stood up and offered his hand out for a shake. "Captain Benson."

Ana, who had previously been sitting next to her husband with a book in hand, nodded back with a smile.

"The Battalion Chief, he in?" Tiberg inquired.

"Uh, he just stepped out to the app floor a few minutes ago." Kelly gestured back towards the doors. "What's up?"

"Squad 3 was on the fire call at Washington and Kedzie, correct?" He asked in confirmation, glancing between the couple.

"Yes, sir. We pulled out a young girl." Ana recalled. "Sarah-"

"Thompkins." Tiberg finished for her, looking up from the file in his hands. "Yeah, looks like she's gonna make it. You saw the building manager as well?"

"Yeah, he was there when we arrived. We all saw the aftermath. I didn't witness the actual fall." Kelly explained.

"Neither did I." The brunette added when they turned to her.

"You're aware he's in critical condition?" Tiberg revealed, grimly.

"No, sir. We weren't." The Squad Lieutenant shook his head, grin having long since faded at the terrible news.

"Well, his sister's an attorney, and now Firehouse 51 is under investigation for negligence." Tiberg proclaimed, solemnly.

The couple stared at him in shock for a second before Ana swallowed and stood up from her chair.

"Chief Pridgen is this way sir." She murmured, leading him and the two other men with him back towards the Apparatus Floor.

Kelly rushed ahead and, like the gentleman that he was, held the door open for all four of them.