ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx

Start from the beginning

“Kazutora, can you―...” Chifuyu cut himself short. “Ah, that asshole’s probably slacking off somewhere again...” He turned to Takemichi with an apologetic look. “Sorry, customer first. But let’s talk after work, yeah?”

Takemichi was barely able to say anything before Chifuyu was already off tending to the customer.

───────────────

“Chifuyu, don’t you close at 8 pm? It’s 5:34 pm right now...” Takemichi said as soon as he reached the pet shop, just in time to see Chifuyu closing up the shop.

“I just have things to do.” Chifuyu let out a carefree laugh, locking the door.

“I don’t know. It just means less work for me!” Kazutora grinned cheekily at the side.

“Oi, bastard.” Chifuyu popped a vein at his lazy employee. “I still haven’t forgotten what you did. The least you could do is clean the place.”

“Come on, it’s so much work though!”

“Next time, I’ll hit your head with a broom until you get it.”

“Whoops~ Boss is angry! Time to run!”

“Hey, get back here!” Chifuyu screamed after him, which only incited an echo of laughter by Kazutora as he ran away.

As Chifuyu sighed, Takemichi couldn’t help but laugh at the sight.

“You’re laughing at my misery, huh, Takemitchy?” Chifuyu rolled his eyes, slightly peeved.

“Sorry, it’s just really something to see you get along with Kazutora-kun.” Takemichi stated, smiling. “I know I’ve said this, but it’s still unbelievable everyone’s so happy in this future.”

The smile on Chifuyu’s face faded as he looked down. “Everyone, huh...?”

Takemichi then realized. “Ah― Sorry, I didn’t mean...”

“Don’t worry about it.” He shook it off, walking to his bike nearby. “Get on.” He told him. “We’re going somewhere.”

“Uh... Okay...?”

───────────────

“A graveyard?”

Takemichi looked around, seeing rows of graves in front of him. “Chifuyu, are we...?” His words trailed off, knowing where this was going already.

Chifuyu only walked forward, moving past the numerous tombstones.

Takemichi could only follow in suit, watching his back as he did.

They soon reached and settled on a tombstone.

Your tombstone.

Gone, but not forgotten. Takemichi read the quote on it. As he did, he started to feel teary.

Chifuyu sat down, patting the spot beside him for Takemichi to sit.

They both stared at the tomb, pondering before Chifuyu spoke. “We had a fight.”

“Huh?” Takemichi turned to him. “You? And [Last Name]-san!?” It was a little hard to believe, since you both get along well.