Chapter 102: Family Ties

Start from the beginning

"Raise the sails!" The marines shouted before holding up a long row of cloths, blocking the view of the tanker.

"Huh?" (Y/N) tilted her head in confusion.

"Hey. What gives?" Luffy sassed.

"Miss Nami!" A girl called out from the tanker. Followed by another girl. "Can you hear me, Chopper?"

"Where's the robot and Mama (Y/N)?" A boy questioned, another one replied. "Don't know. I can't see the pirates."

Robin looked over at (Y/N) next to her. "Did they call you, 'Mama (Y/N)'?"

"They started calling me 'Mama'. So when I tried to correct them with my name, they combined the two." (Y/N) shrugged making Robin giggle.

"You're trying to block their view? Gimme a break." Sanji spoke to the marines with clear irritation.

"It's a barrier! Protecting the children from seeing you!" A marine shouted back.

"I thought we worked out our issues here, G-5." Franky pleaded. "Aren't we bros?"

"Oh, well." Nami sighed in relief. "At least they're safely aboard." (Y/N) smiled at her words. 'They'll be reunited with their families soon enough.'

"Bye, guys!" Sind shouted out, followed by Doran. "We'll miss you!" And finally Mocha. "Goodbye!"

"Why are you gettin' so emotional?" Maines began shouting at the children. "We stand for justice! Cheer for us! Don't let these pirates try and fool you, kids! They're bad guys!" Until all the marines screamed. "Yeah!!"

"Pirates are only scum! Dregs of society!" A marine shouted, followed by another. "But Marines stand for law and order! Don't let the Straw Hats poison your minds, kids!"

"Miss Nami!" The children shouted, but their view was cut off when the marines raised their makeshift sails higher.

"Don't look! You shouldn't see 'em!" A marine shouted.

The children moved to the other side of the dropped sails. "Can you see us?" The marines raised their sails again making the children cry out. "Where did you go?"

"Avert your eyes!" The marine shouted again.

"Wow. These guys are annoying." (Y/N) muttered, crossing her arms in annoyance.

"Boy. All things considered, I'm glad they're healthy enough to yell like that." Chopper happily spoke up.

"Tashigi mentioned she's going to reach out to Vegapunk for assistance finding a cure for the kids." Nami explained to Chopper.

"Oh, yeah?" Chopper happily looked up at Nami. "That's great!"

"Hey, Franky." Robin spoke up making Franky 'huh' her. "I've been doing some thinking and one thing bothers me. You remember the Mini-Merry we sailed on to get to the island? What ever happened to it?"

"Turns out, Robin, you are the sixth person to ask me that question." Franky happily replied. (Y/N) softly smiled. 'I'm glad Mini-Merry is safe and sound.'

(Y/N) walked over to Nami and whispered something into her ear. The two giggled before (Y/N) handed Nami a meat-on-the-bone. Nami slowly guided the meat to Luffy as he was staring at the marines. Luffy didn't break his gaze on G-5, but quickly whipped his head, munching on the meat. (Y/N) and Nami laughed at their captain as Sanji smacked Luffy's head, also chuckling. (Y/N) smile soon faded when the marines and children loudly sobbed. 'Huh? What's up with them?"

"We don't want pirates! And the Navy is great!" G-5 loudly chanted over and over again. Another marine yelled out, with tears in his eyes. "Pirates are cowards! The Navy is brave! We're brave! And noble! And righteous!"