Chapter 102: Family Ties

Start from the beginning

Tashigi gasped. "Oh no, you're right! What am I doing?! Ugh! Smoker told me about you and your... 'family situation', so it's hard for me to fully grasp everything."

(Y/N) sighed. "I see now. Hey, I'm just pirate 'Yurei (Y/N)', nothing else. I don't wish to carry the other title."

"Really?" Tashigi questioned. (Y/N) nodded in response. "But why? If you come back with us, you can clear your name of all your crimes. You'll have a lavish life, you won't have to run anymore. You'll live so carefree with the protection of the World Government."

(Y/N) held up her hand, closing her eyes. "Not a chance, Navy captain." Tashigi looked at (Y/N) in shock when a smirk ran across (Y/N)'s face. (Y/N) opened her eyes, placing her hands on her hips. "The Government will never take my freedom from me."

"Huh? We won't!" Tashigi shouted in shock. "You'll have the upmost free—"

(Y/N) smile dropped, sternly speaking. "Asking for me to go back with you is the same of me asking you to resign from the Navy." Tashigi stared at (Y/N) in utter disbelief making (Y/N) groan. (Y/N) pointed out to the seas. "That's freedom. I never had to become a pirate to see that. So no. I will never turn myself in or become a damn World Noble. If removing my title wasn't a giant trap to kiss my life goodbye, I would have done it years ago. Unless you have anything else to say to me, you should make sure the children are taken care of and get them home safe, or it's your head." (Y/N) irritatedly walked past the frozen in shock Tashigi.

"What was all that about?" Nami questioned (Y/N), looking back at Tashigi.

(Y/N) sat down on the crate next to Nami. "Just the Navy thinking they're in the right again. It's not their captain's fault, it's the whole World Government."

Nami handed (Y/N) another mug of booze. "Everyone has their own perspectives, right?"

"Yeah. You're right." (Y/N) took the mug from Nami, holding it out to her. "Let's not think about stuff like that while we're partying." The two nodded with each other before laughing and clanging mugs to down their booze.

After the dine-and-dash party was over, (Y/N) stood next to her crew mates as they watched the children run up the stairs to the SAD tanker. "Safe travels to you!" Brook shouted, waving the children goodbye.

"You boys and girls stay safe! I'll miss you all!" (Y/N) happily waved off the children she made friends with. She slowly dropped her arm when she noticed the marines eyeing her crew and herself before looking at each other. 'Oh no. What now?'

"Listen and listen good, you damn pirates!" A marine shouted, placing a large paint blush in the ground. He painted a long black line across the ground as he spoke. "Since this tanker belongs to us now, here's the border!"

"Don't even this about crossing over to our side!" Another marine sassed before pointing at the line. "This is the division between good and evil!" (Y/N) rolled her eyes at his words.

"Keep back! Not one more step!" A third marine shouted.

"What, this again?" Luffy questioned, his mouth stuffed with food. "But we were all just partying together a minute ago."

"What's your point? The party's over!" A marine teased as he slid up to Luffy, still on the 'good' side. He held his hands up in defense. "Not like we don't appreciate what you did!"

"We are grateful for the meal." All the marines spoke with a bow.

"Still!" A marine shot up. "Pirates are our swore enemy! Worst scum in the world!"

"YEAH!!!" All the marines cheered.

The SAD tanker's loud horn blared making (Y/N) look up at the ship. Sanji spoke to no one in particular. "Sounds like they're ready to leave."