Belong to?

Karen walks into the church. She was wearing purple, and Finn came up behind her. "What the... where's your slip?" Finn asked. "I didn't wanna wear it," Karen said, fixing her hair.

"Ain't no way in hell I'm letting you stay in here with all your curves on display," Finn said. Karen rolled her eyes, crossing her arms defiantly. "It ain't like you got a say, you're not my father," she snapped back. Finn smirked, leaning against the doorway. "But you weren't saying that last night when you were calling me daddy as I broke your back in," he retorted.

Karen glared at Finn, her eyes narrowing in anger. "Just because we're together doesn't mean you can control me." she snapped, readjusting her hair defiantly.

Finn sneered, his arrogance evident on his face. "Oh, I know I can't control you," he replied, his voice dripping with condescension. "But don't forget who you belong to." He took a step closer, his hand reaching out to touch her.

Karen swiftly slapped his hand away, her expression filled with both defiance and disgust. "Belong to you? You must be out of your damn mind," she retorted, her voice laced with venom. "You're nothing more than a temporary distraction, Finn. Don't mistake that for ownership."

Finn's face turned red with anger, his temper flaring. "You think you're so high and mighty, don't you?" he spat, his voice rising. "Well, let me remind you of your place." Without warning, he forcefully grabbed Karen's arm, causing her to wince in pain. But Karen refused to back down. In a swift motion, she freed herself from his grip, her eyes blazing with defiance. Finn's face twisted with rage as he witnessed her defiance. In a fit of anger, he slapped her across the face, the force of the blow causing her to stumble backward and fall to the ground.

As Karen laid there, momentarily stunned, Finn looked down at her with a twisted satisfaction. His eyes burned with a toxic mix of anger and superiority, believing he had finally extinguished her spirit. Yet, even in pain and vulnerability, Karen's determination remained unyielding.

Summoning every ounce of strength, Karen, determined and resilient, pushed through the searing pain, rising to her feet. In a fiery response, she mustered the strength to slap him back, just as Drew walked into the room. The tension escalated as Finn, consumed by anger, threatened to unleash his fury upon Karen. However, before Finn could do any more harm, Drew swiftly intervened, delivering a powerful blow that knocked Finn out cold.

With Finn subdued, Drew immediately rushed to Karen's side, knowing she needed comfort and reassurance. Tenderly, he scooped up his best friend in his arms and guided her out of the somber church, seeking solace away from prying eyes. Together, they walked in silence, finding refuge in the quiet side of the church, away from the chaos that had unfolded.

Drew, being the rock in Karen's life, understood the magnitude of her pain. As they reached his office, he gently lowered her onto a comfortable chair, allowing her to release the flood of emotions she had been holding back. Tears streamed down Karen's face, her body trembling with the weight of her anguish.

In that moment, Drew's unwavering support became her lifeline. He listened attentively as Karen poured her heart out, providing a safe space for her to express her deepest fears and frustrations. He held her hand, offering a comforting presence that made her feel seen and understood.

As Karen spoke, Drew's heart ached for the pain she had endured. He had always admired her strength and resilience, but now he witnessed a vulnerability that touched him deeply. He knew that no words could fully heal her wounds, but he was determined to offer whatever solace he could.

After what felt like an eternity, Karen's sobs subsided, and she took a deep breath, trying to regain her composure. She looked up at Drew with tear-stained eyes, gratitude shining through the pain.