15-Shifuin clan Technique

Start from the beginning

"Bring the 'Dowager's journal'. You will be learning our clan's technique from today"

Yoshi brought the cursed object along with her this time. She's dressed in a normal outfit for the first time. She's only ever dressed like that if she ever went out with her grandma.

However, unlike all the times where she would normally taught in her backyard. For the first time, she walked across the grasslands of the estate. She met her clan members and they introduced themselves to her. She never met them, even if she saw them a lot, this was the first time officially but they seemed to know her.

"These clan members are essential for our clan's business. They know blacksmithing, Woodworking, leatherworking, and engineering. They do the construction of weapons and tools. While we finish the cursed tools by enchanting them with cursed techniques and cursed energy"

Kairi proceeds to explain about cursed tools and cursed objects.

Strictly speaking, both of them are almost the same if said object/tool is usable by a sorcerer to enhance their abilities.

However,  Cursed objects are mostly malicious towards sorcerers and humans alike while Cursed tools are used to enhance the sorcerer's abilities.

They are divided into five grades just like sorcerers and cursed spirits. From Grade 4 to Grade 1 and the special Grade Cursed objects.

A cursed tool cost ranges from 500,000 to 500 Million Yen depending on its Grade and ability of the Cursed Tool.

A general Katana, an art piece in Japan sells for a minimum of 250,000 Yen. So, the shifuin clan sells art pieces of Katanas as a way to amass wealth 'legally'.

"One day, it will be your job to manage all this. Of course, the prices will change in the future. So, you need to be responsible and learn about the market and economy but that's for the future. Still, you have to keep in mind, that being wealthy and running a business needs a lot of knowledge and hard work. You may have good luck but without effort, that luck is meaningless"

Kairi then escorted Yoshi to a room, Yoshi sensed a barrier as soon as she entered it. It's a room in the far corner of the estate area where the smithy and other production plants are present.

On the ground, Various symbols and words are carved through which the blood of cursed spirits bleeding and flowing through.

Kairi placed a Naginata she brought from the store room in the center and explained.

"Shifuin clan is not the only clan that has done this business but in this era, only we remained at the top, why do you think so?"

To Kairi's question, Yoshi speculated and said "Because we have an ancient technique compared to others and also the binding vows help too"

"Your first part of the answer is false. It's exactly because they have old techniques, that others left. While our clan progressed as we traversed the ages. The thing is people just accept the traditions without questioning why, that's why the others left the business, while we flourished"

Shifuin clan is unlike any clan in the history of jujutsu society. They are taught to always question things and never accept anything blindly.

Of course, not everything can be questioned like the existence of cursed energy and life. They are universal truths but they experimented a lot and improved the clan's techniques to create cursed tools by incorporating new knowledge.

"For instance, I brought the concept of modern engineering into the process of creating cursed tools developing it further. Your father developed this technique of using the blood of cursed spirits, these are just small improvements but this helps us in the long run. So, even if someone stole our technique, it's not easy to replicate because they can't comprehend a lot of knowledge"

Yoshi asked "Grandma, I read records about cursed tools being created by channeling cursed energy into a regular weapon over time making it a cursed tool in the long run and sometimes, even cursed techniques are imbued. So, why does everyone still buy cursed tools from us?"

"That's true but the method is not practical. Instead of relying on time to create a cursed tool and potentially risking life, it's better to just buy a cursed tool. And we are not the only ones who can make cursed tools. There are probably others too. It's just our method is more reliable because we can control what type of cursed techniques we can imbue into a cursed tool. This is the core of our clan's technique, a secret that can never leave our family, not even the clan"

From centuries of experiments and a lot of data gathered. Shifuin clan managed to create a secret technique that helps them create cursed tools with high efficiency and they can choose what sort of cursed technique they want to imbue into a cursed tool. It is improved to this day.

This is what kept them on top of Japan when it comes to art pieces or the Jujutsu world when it comes to cursed tools.

"You also need to research cursed energy to improve the Shifuin clan technique. Only then, can you break the binding vow you made on the ceremonial day. Until then, you can only make 3 cursed tools a year and 1 special grade cursed tool every 4 years."

"I can make as many cursed tools as I can without backlash?"

"Yes, after all the moment you improved it. It's no longer the shifuin clan technique you mentioned in the binding vow. Using this loophole, I sold cursed tools in the black market to gather even more wealth. Now, You need to learn all this information to use our clan's technique"

Kairi shared the information she knew and other research materials she had. This took some time and slowly, the production of cursed tools once again started.

The Shifuin clan released cursed tools into the market carefully and in a controlled manner. Less is more, if there are more cursed tools than sorcerers whose number is less than 3000 worldwide, their value drops. So, only a few cursed tools with great qualities are launched.

As a mandatory rule, they would only release One special-grade cursed tool every 5 years due to their ridiculous value.

In a week, Yoshi successfully learned the Shifuin clan's technique and created her first cursed tool.

"Not bad, this Naginata is quite sharp and even has the ability to extend its range. It can be a Grade 3 cursed tool in my evaluation"

Although, there is some help from Kairi. Yoshi managed to create it.