7-Diving deep

Despite the whole ordeal, Yoshi showed enthusiasm to learn more about Curses the next day when Kairi asked about it.

'It seems she still can't grasp the weight of death. For a child, this ignorance is a blessing'

In the vast yard, Yoshi is surprised to find her grandma with a Book for the first time. Bringing a book here of all places bothered Yoshi and the book was a cursed object for sure, she could feel it.

"Yoshi, the burden you will feel from now will increase even more but I promise you, you will thank me one day for being tough on you"

This does not discourage Yoshi though, she is even more excited to learn new things. honestly,  Yoshi's constant complaints about how the barrier techniques and Cursed energy manipulation are so easy bothered Kairi to no end yet, she refused to teach anything more.

"You have to write your interpretation of my words in this book, write your name on it with your cursed energy" Kairi threw the book.

"How grandma?"

"Have you observed the residues you leave behind whenever you use a barrier technique of releasing your cursed energy?"

"Yes, you even taught me how to stop it, as it is a bad practice"

"leaving residues is a bad practice but the process of marking with cursed energy is useful in many ways. We will go about its ways later, for now, you will be doing something similar. Think of the symbol in your mind and place your finger just above the page while releasing a little cursed energy"

Yoshi imagined the kanji of her name and placed her finger just above the first page. Her name written with cursed energy appeared on the first page.

"This is a Grade 3 cursed object called 'Dowager's Journal'. Now that you marked it with your cursed energy, whatever you heard will be recorded and only you can see it."

"Grandma, but there are almost no pages"

"Don't worry, the pages will never run out "

"Then, Can I use it in school?"

"No, It's still a cursed object. If the cursed energy of normal children touched it. It will record their hearings too but they are ordinary children, whatever is written in the journal will turn into a nightmare for them daily. Your cursed energy on the other hand supress the book. So, you won't have that problem"

Understanding that her friend who is just one girl will have nightmares. Yoshi discarded the idea, otherwise she wanted to show off this awesome book to her friend.

"Anyway, Let's start today's lesson. This is an extremely important lesson. What's the first thing you did when you activated your innate cursed technique or cast a curtain?"

"Incantations and hand gestures?"

"Yes, it's the power of Kotodama from Shintoism and Mudras from Buddhism and Shintoism. Kotodama is the belief that Words, whether written or spelled with our mouth have power behind them, even mudras, the hand gestures we weave have power behind them. Ninjas of the past used the Mudras with their interpretation called Kuji-kiri. However, it is in the belief to increase their mental focus unlike us, who will obtain actual power from them "

"But, grandma, you didn't use them when you used your innate cursed technique"

"Yes, I'm getting there. Now, each innate cursed technique is unique however almost all of them require both incantations and hand gestures initially.  Once the innate technique is mastered, just channeling the cursed energy into the technique is enough. However, if you use incantations and Hand gestures even after you mastered your innate cursed technique, your innate technique will receive a boost"