3-Fortune/Misfortune

Start from the beginning

'It's not even been two days, She's that good? She's better than what I anticipated' Kairi feeling impressed with Yoshi praised her with a pat on her head.

"Good girl~. Now that you have better control over your cursed energy. Let's talk about your innate cursed technique. Yoshi, to activate your technique, circulate your cursed energy in a forward direction into the unique 'spot' you feel inside you, along with it, a few words and gestures will come to your mind. Just do what you feel, okay?"

"Mm"

Yoshi did as her grandma instructed, She channeled her cursed energy in a spot where she felt empty, when that happened she felt new instructions, words, and hand seals which are unique. She instantly knew how to do all of them but she didn't understand why or what that meant. Still, she followed her grandmother's instructions.

"Ebisu, Bishamon, Benzaiten, Jurojin, Hotei, Daikokuten, Fukurokuju"

As she chanted, her hands did 7 different seals corresponding to the words.

Seven cards with black and red colors covering each of them manifested, with the first five of them being blank cards and the next two cards having unique symbols and patterns. The cards with symbols have unique designs on them. One card has a black substance surrounding the unique symbol, while another card has a river with one path that is divided into various paths around the symbol and finally becomes one path.

Nearly one-fifth of Yoshi's vast cursed energy is depleted in the process. Yoshi felt a connection with the cards.

"Yoshi, can you explain to me about your technique? Just recite the information you just felt "

"I can't speak about the first five cards Grandma, but I can say fate and trials about these five cards. I can speak about the last two cards, they are Daikokuten and Fukurokuju. Daikokuten means demon slaying, and Fukurokuju means fortune. And the cards stay with me for a day"

Yoshi did know about the technique completely but she can't exactly understand complex things about it. Knowing doesn't mean understanding, especially for a kid who doesn't have a broad vocabulary or knowledge. So, she tried her best to explain.

However, the meager information is enough for Kairi who pieced it all together.

'That looks like a high-level versatile cursed technique. A technique that grants 7 cards with 7 different abilities all related to the gods of fortune considering the names she uttered but that's just how her memory made it easier to activate her cursed technique. Still, having a cursed technique related to fortune isn't surprising but a versatile technique is definitely a desirable technique. '

All sorcerers who came from the Shifuin clan have divination or fortune-telling-related cursed techniques even if they have unique innate cursed techniques. They were fortune tellers before they got into the cursed tool trade. But Yoshi's technique shows incredible potential to be versatile.

'I already seen Daikokuten in use, a malleable substance that can turn into weapons. The Fukurokuju is probably a standard divination technique. The cards probably have some conditions that have to be overcome by Yoshi herself without outside help just like she had one card when I found her and she unlocked the second card after the operation'

"Yoshi, use the daikokuten card" Kairi ordered as she wanted to know more about the technique.

A huge amount of black liquid substance emerged from the card, it slowly began filling the yard, yoshi tried to control it but, the most she could do was shape the liquid into weird shapes that hardened or melted. Yoshi found it difficult to control the liquid.