Chapter 32 - Care

"Let's head to the hospital," Rehaan suggests.

"No, I'm...Fine Rehaan," Tevin replies.

"Hmm, I can see that," Rehaan acknowledges as he calls a cab and accompanies Tevin to the nearby hospital.

During the journey, Rehaan sends a text to Maahi.

Maahi, Tevin isn't feeling well. We're heading to the hospital first, he informs her.

Tevin rests his head on Rehaan's shoulder.

Don't worry. You guys enjoy yourselves. I'll take care of him, Rehaan assures Maahi, while gently patting Tevin's hair.

Finally, they arrive at the hospital.

Tevin lay in the hospital bed with a glucose drip in his left hand. Rehaan sat on a chair beside him, keeping a watchful eye. The nurse came in, adjusted the drip, checked Tevin's temperature, and handed Rehaan a prescription. "You can buy this medicine from the pharmacy," she said, glancing at Tevin and then at Rehaan.

The nurse mentioned that he needs to drink more water and eat healthy food because he is very weak. Rehaan assures her that he will take care of him.

"And give us a ring when the drip is almost done," she says before heading out.

Rehaan approaches Tevin and softly caresses his hair. Afterward, he removes his hands and steps outside to purchase medicine.

Pharmacy

Rehaan stood in line, waiting patiently. Suddenly, his phone rang and it was Maahi calling. He answered the call with a cheerful "Hello Maahi".

"How's Tevin, brother?" she inquired, putting her phone on speaker so Sam could also hear the conversation.

"He's doing okay. We're at the hospital now. Are you on your way?" Rehaan asked.

Maahi glanced at Sam, who shook his head indicating they couldn't come. "No, brother. We can't make it right now. Can you take care of Tevin?"

Rehaan handed over the prescription at the counter and received the medicine.

"Alright, I'll drop him off at his place," Rehaan assured.

"Do you know where he lives, brother?" Sam questioned.

"Of course, I do," Rehaan replied. Then he remembered Tevin's father. "But Sam, I won't be able to take him home. Can you call his father to come here instead?"

"No need, he doesn't live there anymore," Sam informed.

Rehaan was shocked when he asked, "What does it mean that he doesn't live there anymore?"

"Didn't Tevin mention that he and his father are not on good terms? It's been two years," Sam explained.

Rehaan was speechless, processing the information. He wanted to ask for more details but held back.

"Could you drop him off at the address I'll send you?" Sam requested.

"Sure, just send me the address," Rehaan replied.

After a brief conversation, they ended the call. Rehaan approached Tevin with the medicine.

'What does it mean that he and his father are on bad terms?' Rehaan pondered.

To be continued...