08 • carry me out

❝ you know me better than i do,
so why didn't you stop me? ❞

why didn't you stop me?, mitski

Villa San Michele

Villa San Michele. That is where you currently were, peering out into the now-dimming sky for the person you would meet.

A La Squadra member. No specified name, but just one person. "You'll know it when you see them," Pericolo said, but..there was no one there. No one. It was empty.

Sure, you may or may not have illegally snuck in, since it was after closing time, but you weren't expecting no one else to be there.

You sighed and tapped your finger against the marble railings, your E/C eyes drifting off to the sea just below. That was, until, you heard a very familiar voice of a girl -- right behind you.

"Y..Y/N? Is that you..? No, no way.."

Whipping around, you saw the person you had thought of all this time. Curly cherry red hair, flowing down to the waist, wide violet eyes, and tan sunkissed skin. "..Amia?"

Amia Cartier. Your long term best friend, from your "real" world. What the hell? In all respect, she wasn't supposed to be here. "What the fuck? You aren't supposed to be here. What..what the hell happened?"

"You..you're here, too? You're real?" She furrowed her eyebrows, mouth still agape, "You aren't just a hallucination? Is this real? What..what the fuck?"

"How'd you even get here? What? I thought I was the only one!"

She was silent, but the sound of a flashlight being clicked on alarmed the both of you. She craned her head, her wide eyes now narrowing, and grabbed your hand, pulling you close. "I'll explain it all, but let's get out of here."

You nodded silently, and she turned her head back around to face the patch of shore below, clicking her tongue. She grabbed onto the railings, hoisting herself over them, and peered below, chewing the inside of her lip.

Without another thought, she jumped off of the railing, taking you down with her. You closed your eyes to brace the impact, pursing your lips to avoid letting out a yelp, but the fall never came.