𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞

𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞 𝐑𝐡𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐬

I'm momentarily stunned by the slamming of the door to the gym and the angry click-clack of YSL heels heading my way. I gesture to the door and the other guys in here scamper out no doubt in fear of the angry girl heading my way.

"You are a treacherous peace of crap Archibald Samuel Rhodes" she seethes right in my face and I wince at her use of my middle name because its not one I like to be reminded of often.

"I don't even know what I've done." I say defensively as if that will calm her down. It doesn't but a guy can try.

"You know exactly what you've done" Vera stands in front of me with her arms crossed in front of her chest, which is rising and falling unnaturally fast and now that I'm really looking at her there's a hurt expression on her face.

"I'm serious Vee I don't know what I've done to make you so mad" I use a gentler more serious tone in hopes to get my message across.

"Check Whinnie's page" she says irritatedly. I quickly pull out my phone from my pocket and log on to the website we're all so addicted to. As soon as my eyes land on the picture of the new headline of Whinnie's blog I'm rushing through the article to see exactly what has been written and how many people have already read it and by the looks of it we're Royally fucked—well she is I'm sure my parents will be delighted.

"Shit" I mutter under my breath.

"Yeah. Everyone thinks we're together or something and now my Dad's really going to kill me. But for real this time"

"Vee I promise you I had nothing to do with this. Hell I didn't even know that there were cameras in the kitchen."

"I'm so screwed" she says shakily and my head snaps up to look at her from the way her voice breaks towards the end. Her eyes are watery and she looks defeated, not at all like the shy confident Vera I know.

"Hey" I say rising and grabbing a hold of her hand gently. "It's going to be okay. Look I'll message her and like pay her off or something. I don't want you to worry okay, I'll fix this and set this straight."

"Its no use. The picture looks compromising and even if we change the narrative my Dad will think I'm lying anyway and I know he can't get to me but it's like I can feel his anger from a mile away. God this is such a mess. I mean why? Why would anyone do this? Why would—"

"Hey, hey. Calm down"

"Don't tell me to calm down" she seats my hand away and backs up to her defensive stance. "For all I know you set me up. You were the one who sent her those images and I'm just the fool who got lost within collateral damage."

"Vera how many times do I have to tell you that this isn't my fault. I didn't do this okay."

"Well I don't know that Archie, I don't. You're gaining so much from this and I'm not. Not to mention you were the one who suggested fake dating the other day and have been on my neck about I ever since I got here, so excuse me if I'm a little suspicious and not entirely sold on your innocence revolving this."

"Do you like ever breathe in between your sentences? Because that was a lot of words all at once" I say with a smile. This seems to piss her off even more as she begins to to storm off with a frustrated groan towards the door.