{48} AUNT MARGE'S BIG MISTAKE

Beginne am Anfang

"Why does that dog look like that?" Woods asked incredulously, his disbelief evident in his tone.

Mia couldn't help but giggle at the question. "Oh, that's Ripper, Marge's bulldog. She's had a long career in breeding bulldogs, and Ripper is her favorite. I can't stand that dog. He's really mean," she explained, her voice carrying a mixture of exasperation and disdain as she spoke, grumbling the last part of her sentence.

"Why? I thought you loved dogs," Sirius inquired, curiosity coloring his tone as he sought to understand Mia's feelings toward the pet.

"I do. Just not that one," Mia defended herself, her words coming out firm and resolute, as she asserted her stance on the matter.

[We then cut to Mia and Uncle Vernon in the foyer, where Mia unfolds a small parchment while Uncle Vernon takes off his car coat.]
Mia: Uncle Vernon, I need you to sign this form.
Uncle Vernon: What is it?
Mia: Nothing. School stuff.
Uncle Vernon: Later, perhaps, if you behave.

"So, that basically means no, right?" Ron queried, seeking confirmation from Mia, who simply nodded in response, affirming his understanding.

"I don't like him," Pansy sneered at Mia's uncle, her words carrying a tone of disdain as she openly expressed her dislike.

"Who does?" Draco asked, joining in with a sardonic smirk as he echoed Pansy's sentiment with a touch of scorn in his voice.

Mia: I will if she does.
Aunt Marge: Oh, you're still here, are you?
Mia: Yes.

"So, you two openly don't like each other?" George inquired, seeking validation from Mia.

"Yeah," she answered, confirming the situation with a straightforward response. "I'm pretty sure you will all understand why I hate her," Mia stated in a monotone voice, her expression hardening as she fixed her gaze on the screen.

Aunt Marge: Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful way.

Narcissa spoke out in defense of Mia, expressing, "She wasn't being ungrateful. Though I don't know why she wasn't, they aren't good to her." She stood up for Mia, emphasizing the Dursleys' mistreatment and drawing a parallel to Marge's potential behavior.

Molly fervently echoed Narcissa's sentiments, her voice carrying both frustration and righteous indignation. "Narcissa's absolutely right. The way the Dursleys treat her is appalling!" she passionately declared, firmly advocating for Mia's deserved support.

Hermione's fervor flared as she joined the conversation, her tone growing increasingly impassioned. "She was simply responding to a question!" she exclaimed, her gaze fixed on the screen, her fiery eyes reflecting her strong sense of injustice.

Others present joined in, their expressions and gestures conveying their shared agreement, frustration, and a sense of solidarity with Mia against the unjust treatment she faced. The room filled with voices of understanding and empathy, painting a picture of unwavering support for Mia.

Aunt Marge: [She hands Ripper's leash over to Petunia] Damn good of my brother to keep you.

"He had no other option," Hermione rebuked the screen, the frustration in her tone palpable even though she knew Marge couldn't hear her.