4. Glimpses

Please do vote and comment!

Avantiraj had taken the groom's family to all the famous temples of Ujjayini. The Kurus felt immensely blessed that they got to see the temples which the bards sung about.

The senior men were taken with Avantiraj, while the princes went with Ashutosh and Vinayak. The women went with Maharani Gayathri and Rani ma Bhavani whereas Rajkumari Dushala went with Devi Shambhavi to visit the gardens.

Niranjana sat in her chambers, looking out of the window. Over the hours, a small wish had grown in her immature heart. She wanted to see Yudhishtira for once. But she knew, if any of her family members realised she would be severely scolded. But, she was up for a little challenge.

She stood up and opened her chambers door, and called a guard who was patrolling the corridors.

"Go and call Kushalini, nobody should know I have called her." She whispered to him and he went to carry out her orders. She then closed the door.

"Didi, you called for me?" Kushalini asked.

Sunidee Chauhan as Kushalini (i always imagined Kushalini to have curly hair!)

"Kushu, mere liye ek kaam kar do?" Niranjana asked.

(Kushu, do me a favour please)

"Aagya do didi!" the ever obedient Kushalini said.

(Order me, elder sister!)

"Arey pehle beto! Phir baat karte hai." Niranjana said buttering her. Kushalini was very obedient, she could never lie to her father. Niranjana said making her sit on the bed.

(Sit down, lets talk then)

"Kushu, I want to see the Yuvraj once." Niranjana whispered.

"WHAT!" Kushalini exclaimed standing up.

"Arey! Don't scream, somebody will hear." Niranjana said making Kushalini sit down again.

"Didi, with all due respect, aap pagal ho gaye hai! Apshakun ho jayega." Kushalini exclaimed.

"Arey, apshagun to tab hoga, jab ham dono ek dusre go dekhe to, agar sirf me dekhu to kya ho sakta hai." Niranjana explained a loophole.

( You have gone crazy. It would be inauspicious!

It would be inauspicious, when we both look at each other. if I am the only one to see him, what could happen?)

"Please Kushu, do something. I haven't been given a chance at a swayamvar, I have never seen him. What if he looks like a bear!" Niranjana said faking her worry.

Kushalini was naive and she got into thinking. She herself had not seen the prince. What if he did look like a bear. She didn't want ugly nephews and nieces.