Some New Girl

It was a beautiful morning, and I woke up, preparing for my 8 AM class," Amari greeted me with a smile, saying, "Ohh, you're finally up."

"Yes, and I'll quickly take a shower," I replied, rushing to the bathroom.

"I'll make us some cereal!" Amari announced.

After my shower, I dressed quickly, and we sat down to have breakfast together. A few minutes later, just as we were about to head out, Liam appeared at the door.

"Good morning, babe!" he said, kissing my cheek.
"Good morning," I answered, blushing.

"Hello, Amari," he greeted.

"Good morning, Mr. Lover Boy," Amari teased.

Liam chuckled, "Well, can't resist starting the day with my favorite person."

Amari playfully rolled her eyes, "Flattery won't get you extra cereal, but you can stay for coffee."

We all shared a light laugh, setting a cheerful tone for the morning.

Amari ,Liam and I settled into class when an unfamiliar face entered the room. Before I could react, Liam was already smiling and waving at the girl.

"Stacy!"

"Lee!" She said in surprise.

Amari, whispering to my ears, asked, "Who the hell is this fine-looking girl?" I gave her a side-eye, and she held her hands up in surrender.

"Lee?" I said, looking at Liam.

"Oh, that's just how Stacy calls me," he said, giggling. Seeing Liam forget that I was right by his side as he lovingly spoke to another girl made me so enraged.

Oh, Samara, Amari, this is Stacy. She's my childhood best friend," Liam introduced.

"Hey, guys, nice to meet you!" Stacy said, smiling while extending a handshake.

"Hello," Amari and I said, reciprocating the handshake. Liam and Stacy continued to chit-chat while I was so irritated, wanting to leave, but I had to bear it because class wasn't yet done.

Finally, class was over, and I packed my stuff, intending to leave with Amari.

"Lee, do you want to catch up over pizza?"

"Please, I really, really missed you," she said, giving him cute puppy eyes. Liam didn't hesitate and said sure right away. I sarcastically imitated Liam's sure, rolling my eyes.

"You said something."

I faked a smile. "No, I didn't."

As they were about to go, I offered to join, not wanting Liam and Stacy to be left alone.

"Amari and I would love to join you," I said.

"We do? I thought you wanted to leave right away."

"No, I didn't," I said, continuing with the fake smile.

"Yes, we'd love to join," Amari chimed in, her smile masking any hint of my internal turmoil.

Stacy, unaware of the underlying tension, beamed. "Great! It's been ages since I caught up with Lee. It'll be so much fun!"