chapter 2. bandit like me

Chapter 2Bandit Like Me

Chapter 2
Bandit Like Me

Chapter 2Bandit Like Me

"Alexandra Juliano"

Surely, she had heard that wrong. Perhaps Theodosia Starvok hadn't actually called out her name, perhaps she was actually talking about Alexandra Jones. Surely that was right. She knew it was a selfish thought but, in that moment, Ally couldn't think of anything else.

But as the crowd parted around her, she realised that this was not a nightmare, creeping into the forefront of her mind. No, it was reality.

Molly Weasley glanced over at her alleged daughter. She knew nothing about what was happening, yet she could already tell it was horrible.

Ally's feet felt like lead, unable to lead her up to the podium, yet she managed. Soon enough the taloned hand of Theodosia Starvok came into view and Alexandra met the soft, sorrowful eyes of a woman who looked as though she had lived a thousand lives.

Sejanus looked over at the woman, confused, to be met with a polite nod.

Ally took in a breath, swallowing every ounce of fear into her lungs and puffing it right back out. Releasing the tension from her body and allowing the facade of a proud girl to splay across her features.

She had no idea if she were going to survive this or not especially as Theodosia Starvok's voice cleared across the area again.

"What does it mean by that?" Sirius asked. 

Johanna released a huff of air through her flared nostrils. Clearly, she did not like the man. Remus could tell that, so he turned over and whispered something into his husband's ear which shut him up almost immediately.

"And now for the boys," she said before turning and reaching another clawed hand into the glass bowl filled with boys names. 

Every second that Alexandra stood there for was another second that fear clawed at her chest, screaming out at her to cry or even react in some way.

Finally the escort made her way back to the microphone, unfolding the paper before announcing the name out to the crowd.

"Timorash Orlove"