Time For A Chase!

"Trying to level up my game!" Spot said as he fell off the building with the four spiders following close behind. "I'm on a journey of self-improvement!" He taunted Miles.

The chase seemed impossible with Spot constantly disappearing and reappearing in his black holes. This caused quite a havoc in Mumbattan, catching the attention of the multiple civilians. Just when the spiders thought they had him, Spot spotted Alchemax HQ in the distance, making him more determined and enabling him to escape the spiders. Before they knew it, he was already in the building.

"Go away. Go away. See you later. Thank you so much." Spot said to the scientists as he created black holes from beneath him, making them disappear and reappear on the other side of the boundary where the spiders can be seen frantically hitting, punching and kicking the translucent boundary as they grunted in frustration.

Miles stopped for a breather as Pav politely asked a scientist, "Would you please deactivate this wonderfully strong barrier?"

"It can't be turned off until the collider sequence is complete!" The scientist answered him, scrambling to his feet and running off. Miles' eyes widened in realization before muttering in thought, "Collider sequence...?" He slowly turned around, now recognizing the familiar machine Spot was about to activate.

"Wait!" Miles exclaimed to Spot

"Spot you need to stop!" Gwen followed closely

"You don't know what you're doing man!!!" Miles added to his statement

"Think about Pav's civilization!!!" Y/n tried to reason with Spot

Miles, Gwen and Y/n frantically called out for the villain as they desperately tried breaking the translucent barrier, while Pav watched in wonder and confusion, oblivious to the danger his city was in. Nevertheless, he joined them in trying to break the barrier while his mind wandered in thought.

"I'm gonna be so much more than a villain of the week..." Spot muttered in rage, ignoring their calls as he typed away in the computer, slowly activating the familiar machine.

"I'm sorry if I called you that, okay? You're, a GREAT villain!!" Miles tried to ease Spot's anger, to which, he was ignored.

'Initializing collider.' They heard, making them panic.

"NO!!!" Miles shouted. At this point, the spiders were desperate. Even though Pav wasn't aware of what was about to happen, from the looks of his friends' panicked and desperate mannerisms, things were not good. Not good at all. And they needed to get to Spot as soon as possible!

Suddenly, a hologram of Jes appeared behind Gwen, "How's it going now?" She asked. Panicked, Gwen answered quickly, "Great!" And with that, she dismissed Jes' hologram using her watch-like device quickly before she could catch a glimpse of the chaos. Little did she know, Jes had her suspicions, so she sent another spider to their mission.

Meanwhile, the spiders watched helplessly as the machine began activating. "Anyone got any ideas?!" Gwen asked her companions frantically.

"Oh--ho! I have so many, but none for this." Pav answered while Y/n shook her head in a 'no' manner. Meanwhile, Miles touched the barrier with his finger, now realizing something.

"Stand back. I've been working on something new..." Miles told his companions. He slowly reached out for the barrier with his fingers, slowly sucking and absorbing its energy with the use of his power. He narrowed his eyes in determination as the process slowly continued, increasing its speed ever so slightly.

Gwen, Pav and Y/n stood in silence, watching...waiting...still waiting...any time now...

"How long does this usually take?" Pav asked.

"Just give me a second." Miles answered.

"Do-- do you want us to do something--? Or do we just stand here?" Gwen asked.

"I think we should just wait. Right?" Y/n added.

"Are you like--- charging it---?" Pav asked.

"Really??? I don't think your fingers will be enough to charge a 10ft+ barrier...!" Y/n spoke out.

"N---no. I'm absorbing it so I can shoot it back." Miles grunted out.

"Those fingers still aren't enough..." Y/n repeated before Gwen made her own remarks while Pav followed.

At this point, they just kept shooting Miles with dozens of questions while discussing the situation amongst themselves before asking Miles plenty of questions once more, making it difficult for him to concentrate

"Just let me do this---" Miles grunted in slight frustration.

Suddenly, Gwen, Pav and Y/n heard a familiar voice. Everyone turned just in time to see a new spider joining them. Taking out his pluck, he held his guitar and began to play it before running at full speed towards the barrier and smashing it into pieces before landing and playing his final rhythm.

"Hobie!" Gwen exclaimed excitedly.

"Hobie my guy!" Pav followed closely.

"Do I still owe you?" Y/n asked the figure as well.

"Hobie?" Miles quirked his brow, glancing at Y/n in confusion before turning back to the mysterious figure.

"Look at that! Another one." Spot chuckled in amusement before adding to his statement, "I love how many different variations of you guys are."

Everyone smiled at Hobie fondly... everyone except for Miles. He frowned the second he heard Y/n's excited voice towards the unfamiliar figure. Who was this guy? Where did he come from? And...

Miles glanced at Y/n with a frown, uncomfortable with the idea of how close she might be with this Hobie guy. That's when it hits him. "Is this the guy you are going to do the mysterious project with?" He asked Y/n, to which, she nodded.

Miles felt himself curling his finger into a fist as his glare hardened on the figure. He doesn't like him. Not in the slightest. And he was going to ask plenty of questions.

------

It almost felt like I gave up on Wattpad huh? No worries! I've gained motivation!!! But I will warn you; these updates will take plenty of time to get out, and I hope you can forgive me for that. But I don't have much of a choice. Life is taking a toll on me. But I promise to finish the book!!! That's all! Have a wonderful time wherever you are with whoever or alone!

<3 CR