Chapter 1

Cale opens his eyes to darkness. He turns his gaze to his left and notices the same before turning to his right to confirm his thoughts that he is surrounded by darkness.

'It's cold.'

He tried to take a step forward before he felt something strange. He can't feel anything. He looked down at his body and his eyes widened in shock to find that his body did not exist at all.

'Is this what death is...?'

"No dear, it is not what death is."

Suddenly hearing a foreign voice in this quiet void made Cale 'jump' in shock.

"Oh dear, I apologize for frightening you." the voice giggled, seemingly amused with his reaction.

'
W-who?'

He frantically moved his 'sight', trying to find the source of the voice when a light glowed in the void and spread everywhere.

Cale blinked his eyes when he was suddenly seated on a couch in what seemed to be a study room. He silently observed the room and noticed a woman sitting on an office chair. He stared at her as she gracefully placed her cup down and spoke to him with a small smile on her lips as she laced her fingers together and propped her elbows on the desk.

"Hello, Kim Rok Soo. I have been wanting to meet you for a very long time."

Cale stayed silent and studied the woman. Her beauty seems to be on par with the dragons. She has violet wavy hair cascading over her shoulders, and a pair of blue eyes that change shades the longer he looks at it. And not to mention, the very noticeable fox ears on her head that's pointed in his direction.

He looked at her a bit more before starting in a calm tone. "I'm Cale Henituse, I believe you got the wrong person."

The woman looked at him with amusement in her eyes at his answer.

"Oh my, isn't that so? It seems I have forgotten that you have discarded that name. Let me rephrase that. Hello, Cale Henituse. I have been wanting to meet you for a very long time." She replied with mirth in her voice, looking at him as if she had expected him to respond like that.

Cale narrowed his eyes at her and said, "I can't say the same to you, however."

'She's suspicious, how did she know that name.'

The woman looked at him blankly before covering her mouth with one hand and giggled. "That is right, no? I haven't even introduced myself. Oh my, where's my manners." Cale raised a brow in agreement, causing her to stifle her laugh once more. "Allow me to formally introduce myself, I am called Alis, a Goddess worshipped by the Fox Folk."

At this, Cale looked at her in confusion, "Don't you Gods use a modifier to state what you rule over? What do you mean by being worshipped by the Fox Folk?"

'Like the God of Death, the God of War, and the Sun God, why don't she have one?'

She once again looked at him in amusement, she tilted her head and asked him back, "You are not shocked that the one in front of you is a God?"

Cale deadpanned at her before replying, "I have more things to think about rather than why a God is talking to me. And I met my fair share of you guys to not be shocked anymore."

'It's annoying honestly.'

At his response, Alis couldn't help the laugh that slipped out of her as she said, "Fair point."