one bed﹒ wanderer

Start from the beginning

You'd be lying to say you didn't think Wanderer was attractive. The only thing that really kept you from pursuing any kind of relationship with him was simply his personality. During the times you aren't having an okay conversation, he's getting on your nerves on purpose, teasing you relentlessly until you blow up like a bomb. You're a relatively composed person, so when you blow up on him while at work, everyone pauses what they're doing to take a look at you. They're shocked, to say the least.

While on this journey, you've tried your best to ignore Wanderer's antics and attempts at getting under your skin. It seems so much worse because you usually have to sit back and watch as he easily defeats a hilichurl you had been struggling to kill for the last ten minutes. You grimace at the memories.

You turn your attention back to the counter, only to see Wanderer gripping the keys to the room uncharacteristically tight. You follow him to the lift, fighting the urge to ask why he has such an agitated facial expression and why he's being so silent.

In no time you two make it to the room, and you couldn't wait to plop down on your respected bed. Wanderer puts the key into the door, twisting it and turning it until it creaks open. However, when your eyes adjust to the lighting and you catch a glimpse of the inside, it feels as if your soul just left your body. There, in the middle of the room, is a singular bed.

     "Wha—I'm flattered, but I wanted two beds," you blubber, trying to sound snarky, but it came out more panicky than anything. Wanderer wordlessly walked in, setting his pack down on the bed.

He shoots you a side glare, mouth contorting into a frown. "Don't put any ideas into your head: I didn't want this, either. This is all they had left. There's a couch in the corner. You can take it." You close the door behind you, only for your jaw to drop.

"Excuse me? Why do I have to sleep on the couch? Be a gentleman and let me take the bed!" You gawk as you place your satchel on the bed too, like you were claiming your territory.

However, and no surprise from you, he doesn't back down either. "I should take the bed because I'm the one doing all of the fighting. I've done the most today. I can't protect you with a sore back, can I?"

You ignore the fact that the way he said protect you gave you mixed feelings, and instead sat down on the bed with crossed arms. Is he right? Probably. Do you want the bed more than he does? Probably. "I'm taking the bed because this is my journey in the first place. You're a tagalong!"

Wanderer rolls his eyes and flicks his wrist as if dismissing you. "Please, that's a stupid reason. Just give it up."

Groaning, you rub your hands over your face. You were too tired for this. All you wanted to do was sleep peacefully, and you were looking forward to getting a nice bed. Not a couch that looks halfway cleaned. "I don't want to argue with you. Can we just, maybe, share the bed? Please?"

A few moments of silence go by, and you're too nervous to take in whatever expression he might have on his face. If it wasn't for how tired you were, you definitely wouldn't have suggested something like that. Sleeping in the same bed would be out of the question for you if you were asked a few hours prior. At least you think it would be...

"Whatever. I just want to sleep." You remove your hands from your face, already feeling your cheeks getting hot. "No funny business, though." You can't see his face all too well due to the darkness in the room, but you're sure he has a playful smirk resting on his features.