"I wanna look my best, It's been years since I've last saw Danielle's parents. Especially, Mr.Marsh who by the way, Hated my guts, because I quote unquote 'have no bright future with my paint and brushes.'" Haerin's shoes clicked and clacked as she continues to look for an outfit that would fit to her liking.

"Rambling aside, go all black, polo, vest, pants, and coat. You in black makes my knees go weak." Eugene said. Haerin was an attractive young woman, even her best friend couldn't deny it. She was platonically in love with the doctor.

"Thanks, Bro." 

ADOR City, Danielle's Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

Minji detests such events that her girlfriend continues to drag her to. First, It was the disastrous marsh family reunion, where she was constantly criticized by her partner's family. Second, was a business gathering of the shareholders, her presence was continuously questioned "a mere employee." and Now, the private after party, where not only would include Danielle's Parents but also her business associates. It was another battle she didn't want to face.

"Do I really have to go?" Minji asked gloomily. Danielle, who was fixing her make-up, stopped and turned to her beloved girlfriend. She knew the hardship the girl had to go through because of her disapproving family. 

"It's important to me and my girlfriend being there would make it more special. Besides, If dad sees you there, he would or maybe, finally accept that you're consistent and supportive. Deserving of his blessing?"

"I'd only be deserving of an ounce of his attention if my status was aligned with yours." Danielle felt sympathy for the latter, she knows what kind of attitudes Minji had to suck-up because of them.

"I promise you, soon my dad will see your worth. I'll make him stop with the silent insults." 

ADOR City, Marsh's Private Party
Narrator's Point Of View

The entertainment hall was filled with well-dressed businessmen, more than half of them was over the age of 60, so mingling with the other folks was hard for Haerin. The doctor was already having a hard time talking to people her age, now she has to deal with old businessmen, what was she suppose to say. Fortunately for her, the Kang Interior Co. CEO was accompanying her tonight, Kang Soobin was well-versed on how these boring business parties go, he was strutting in the hall with confidence and a conversation basket full. 

"Dashing as ever, Dr. Kang" Haerin was greeted by an Australian girl, sporting a sleeveless black velvet dress, her hair was skillfully curled and let down. The young CEO was absolutely astonishing, jaw-dropping. Haerin's throat felt dry and her eyes was glued to the person in front of her, she was at awe, Danielle had always been beautiful but maturity had done her well and it definitely showed.

"I'm gonna take the silent staring as a compliment." Danielle giggled at her friend's adorable reaction to her outfit. 

"I'm sorry, that was rude, you look great." It only earned Haerin another giggle from Danielle.

"Didn't know you'd be here nor the fact that you still existed." Just then, a figure beside Danielle appeared, holding onto the CEO's waist tightly. Haerin recognized the voice and spared no glance to the intruder. 

"Haerin, Darling!, It's good to see you again, after so many years." An old yet gorgeous woman, features similar to Danielle's, pulled her into a tight embraced.

"Mrs. Marsh, How have you been?" Haerin found comfort in the woman's embraced. Mrs. Marsh has always treated her well.

"I've been fine, Darling, I've heard splendid news about you, You're now a doctor. A very attractively eye-catching one." Mrs. Marsh pinched Haerin's cheeks and continuously showered her with love, to which Minji envied.