Chapter 41: A shadow hero's sacrifice.

Zacznij od początku

'So far, I have yet to show sacrificing anything valuable enough to make it look like I was a character destined for tragedy.'

Just when I was feeling my show of self-sacrifice for the sake of the greater good was lacking, I stumbled upon a seemingly unattended wallet laying on the ground that is seemingly lost.

I couldn't just leave it lying there so I picked it up so it wouldn't be at risk of any bad person falsely claiming and stealing someone elses property.

But before I took it anywhere else, I tried looking inside to get some clues as to who this wallet belongs to. To no avail, there was none. There was nothing to be found except for a single 50 yen coin resting inside the wallet.

'Hm. This wallet, is kind of sad. 50 yen is just...'

50 yen can only amount to a cheap candy. Seeing how much the wallet has, it made me empathetic towards the person this wallet belongs to, assuming for them to be having some kind of financial crisis. Well, at least for the moment.

We still have our afternoon recess so what will he/she do if his/her money only amounts to 50 yen.

Being aware of how much the wallet had, it made me empathetic, thinking they don't have enough money to buy anything good during afternoon recess.

'Ah, this is it!'

I then grinned sinisterly, as I came up with what I thought was a brilliant idea at the time.

And that plan was to sacrifice a thing that I had and hold with value.

With my plan already set, I took out the single 50 yen coin, pretending to inspect it. It was to clearly show Mocha-san just how much money this wallet holds amounts to.

The plan was to add as much money to this wallet enough to be able to purchase anything good in the cafeteria.

This way I sacrificed something of value of my own, giving that selflessly sacrificing his own happiness for the sake of the wellbeing of others appeal of a silent hero.

The tragic part about this is how the person will never know who helped them, like a tragic unknown hero I was trying to be.

However, things didn't go exactly as planed.

After I took out my wallet to see how much money I had, to my dismay, I had greatly miscalculated. When I opened my wallet, the money I have was a total of 10,000 yen.

You would think "What is the problem with that? you only needed to give up as much as 200 yen to be able to afford a melon bread"

Here's the thing, the 10,000 yen. WAS A SINGLE BILL IN FULL!

'Oh crap, I only have this whole 10,000 yen bill!'

I could just get it changed later in the canteen, however, I have already flashed the 50 yen coin and had already took out my wallet.

For aesthetic purpose, if I don't make my move now, it would look like I was conflicting to make a decision, much less cool of a person who knows his purpose.

'Damn it, what should I do. I don't have any change other than this 10,000 yen bill.'

This is what they call a decisive choice, if I don't make my move now, the moment will pass.

'Should I just let the moment pass or do it now? Giving away the 10,000 yen that I saved for two months or is it not worth it? Should I save Erwin or Armin!? Think, me! Think!'

Whatever it is, I have to make my choice right here and now.

'Ah whatever! Here it goes!'

In the heat of the moment, with all my resolve, I inserted my 10,000 bill that I have been saving all month to the lost student's wallet, making my ultimate sacrifice yet in my career as a shadow hero.

'What the... What just happened? ...Did he just nonchalantly give away a full 10,000 yen bill to a total stranger?'

Mocha-san was confused as to why I did what I did just now.

She could not comprehend the fact that I just gave away a full ten-thousand-yen bill so easily just like that.

I know, this is just too much to be giving away to someone I didn't even know. However, I really wanted to impress Mocha-san by showing my dedication of being a shadow hero. "The ability to make a choice, sacrificing anything for the sake of the greater good."

[Even though the Chuunibyou said all that, he almost felt like crying from the feeling that he probably just done something stupid just now.]

After that, I brought the seemingly lost wallet to the lost and found so it could be returned to it's rightful owner.

Mocha-san who saw everything thought.

'Did he really just gave away 10,000 yen just now...? Doesn't that mean, Yukiya-kun is actually super rich?'

The more Mocha-san watches me, the more curious she found herself about my identity.

Moments after walking away from the lost and found, I had already move on and was about ready to go to the next phase of my plan.

'Alright. With all the conditions met, I guess it's time to execute the next phase of my plan. Let's show the transfer student what a shadow hero is truly about.'

What could the chuunibyou be planning?

The boy then continued walking, with Mocha still following him from behind, growing all the more curious as she watches him.