"They are hidden and very few people know about them." Sean paused and looked over at Em. "You will be safe down there with all of us."

"Then it's settled." Em said a little quieter. 

*****

Scott and Stiles sat in the living room talking while I waited out on the back porch of Em's house. It was pitch black outside but my eyes still picked up almost every detail of her backyard. Emily was saying goodbye to Sean and it wasn't long before I heard Emily walking through the house towards me. But, not before Scott stopped her and told her to keep it quick. I could only roll my eyes but my face softened as Emily opened the back door and stepped out on the porch with me.

I was caught by surprise when Emily kept her eyes to the ground as she made her way to me and without a word her arms wrapped around me as tightly as she could. I quickly returned her embrace and wrapped my arms around her fragile frame. 

"Em," I started but she stopped me by shaking her head against my chest as if telling me not to talk.

She was scared. I could feel her heart beating rapidly against my own body and I held her tighter. 

We stood there for a while until she shifted and slowly released me. That's when I noticed the tearstains on my shirt. Our eyes met for a split second before her hands covered her eyes to wipe away any excess tears. 

"Sorry." She whispered.

"It's ok to be afraid." I replied. 

"I know but what if I do,” she paused and took a deep breath, "What if I do shift? We are talking and planning all these things just in case I turn but what if I actually do? Then what? It's hasn't hit me until now. Mr. Argent already told me that if I..."

I quickly raised my hand to stop her from talking. 

Emily stood silently staring up at me, her green eyes dull and full of uncertainty. 

"The Argents and hunters will never lay a finger on you. You don't need to worry about that." I could already feel the anger rising in me. If any harm came to her by a hunter, especially an Argent, they would wish they never did.

"How can you be so certain?" She mumbled, "There are so many of them and five of us."