"Reality check lang, lumalaki ka Roxy saka di maganda sa baby na masikip yung damit mo."

Roxy furrowed her brows, taking heavy breaths to contain her tears. The pregnancy hormones were making her more sensitive and emotional.

"Eto, papabuntis buntis ka tapos maooffend ka diyan? Magbihis ka dun, yung dress," Ria instructed her.

Roxy walked away and slammed the door behind her, while Ria rolled her eyes and shook her head in dismay.

-------------------

Archie patiently waited, leaning on the hood of his car when Ria came out from their gate with Roxy.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Archie said as he opened the front seat for Ria.

"Okay lang, on time ka naman," Ria said as she stepped into the car.

Archie hurriedly walked to Roxy to assist her, opening the passenger seat for her. He noticed she was wearing a column dress that he thought suited her well.

"Hey, nice dress," he said, attempting to compliment her.

"Che!" Roxy shouted at him as she stepped into the car.

"What-what the hell did I do?" he asked, puzzled, but Roxy ignored him. Annoyed, he dropped his shoulders and sighed.

Both parties decided that Roxy's prenatal check-ups until her delivery will be at Makati Medical Center.

The Aguerros had already prepared everything, including the expenses, the OB-GYN and the pediatrician who will look after Roxy until the baby arrives.

As Ria tackled the paperwork, Roxy settled into a seat in the waiting area. Discomfort creeps in from her lower back, accompanied by a sudden wave of insecurity about her recent weight gain.

Last week alone, 8 pounds were added to her weight, leaving her pondering over how many more pounds might have been gained this week.

"Palapit na sa gasul si Mommy." she thought to herself as she gently rub her belly.

Glancing around, Roxy observed the hospital's superior facilities, compared to the first lying clinic she and her sister visited upon discovering her pregnancy. She remembers the frustrating wait for over an hour, only to have a brief and grumpy consultation with an OB-GYN.

"Water?" Archie offered, handing her a bottle of distilled water. Roxy glanced at him and accepted the bottle.

"I know you're always grumpy, pero iba level ng ugali mo ngayon," he said, sitting beside her. "Problema mo?"

"Wala," Roxy coldly replied.

"Wow, being pregnant makes you twice as grumpy, you know," Archie said.

"Edi wow ka din, sino ba may kasalanan bakit ako grumpy saka buntis?"

"Ho-hoy, dalawa tayo nun. Let me just remind you," Archie retorted.

Roxy remained silent, her glare enough to make Archie gulp nervously.

"Okay, fine ako na may kasalanan. So what's the problem nga?"

Roxy remembered the text she read from his mom but decided not to talk about it. "Feeling ko kasi, inasar mo ko kanina sa dress ko."

"What? No! Bagay nga sayo eh."

"Lul, nambobola ka nanaman Archie," Roxy said, rolling her eyes at him.

"Hoy, kailan kita binola? Ever since di ko ginawa yun sayo, alam mo yan."

Roxy stared at him; he's right. Throughout their complicated relationship, he never complimented her in the traditional sense. However, he had his own way of making her feel beautiful and wanted.