Chapter 3: Adjusting

Hey, before we get into another chapter, just wanted to show off some stuff!

I made art of Ruby from the last chapter hehe. Lil guy :D

Chaotic good lil mans :3

Aaaand we have more fanart! Eth3alFlame made art of Sabre!

Another has joined the horde /j

Okay but seriously, this AU has been infecting artists like a plague lol. We see angsty soft boi and our motivation is activated like a sleeper agent XD

—————————————————————————————————————

After returning from the Professor's lab, Sabre stayed in his new room for the rest of the day.

Yes, he had made some progress with not being so anxious, but you can't just throw someone in the deep end and expect them to swim. Just the few interactions he had that day made him jittery and socially drained. So, Sabre now spent some time inside.

He was mostly finishing rereading the storybook M gave him, sitting at the desk once again or comfortably laying in the bed. When the book ended, he placed it on his nightstand and figured out other things to do.

Sketching with paper and pencil he still had in his now fairly tattered satchel. Looking at some of the old maps he had to figure out where exactly this new kingdom is (He gave up after he realized it was much further off the map than he thought it was). Talked with M for a little while when he brought him lunch. Bickered with Shadow for a little bit when he decided to butt into his thoughts about the Red Kingdom. Looked for a place to hide the Shadow Sword, since he couldn't stand looking at it anymore, eventually deciding to slide it under the bed.

When evening came, Sabre decided to try walking out to the balcony. The view was beautiful, even from inside, and he probably needed some fresh air anyway.