Part 7

A.N.

T.W.

Stalking(Devon POV), surveillance, talks of depression

Natasha POV

Man, this chick has some serious issues. I didn't know she was this mentally unstable when Bucky asked me to keep an eye on her while he was gone. It's been almost three months, he's still not back, Steve just left and this chick is spiraling. Fast.

She doesn't know it but I have a hidden camera in her living room, nestled in a half dead plant I've been watering. In addition to that, there's a recording device in her bedroom, tucked under the dresser. Don't judge me, he asked me to keep an eye on her but I can't be here all the time. Especially if she gets a cat like she mentioned at the office a while ago. Oh, yeah, there's a few recording devices at her office too. I didn't think she'd be too appreciative of me hanging out there all day, especially since she doesn't know I'm watching her.

I don't think highly of most people as it is and this girl frustrates me more than most. She has a brain, obviously, but her common sense when she's depressed goes out the window. I've pulled her from the path of danger four times since Bucky left. If he was here, I just know he'd freak out for me getting to close. But what was I supposed to do? Let her get run over? No, not happening and damn sure not on my watch. Something else concerns me, there's cameras all over her apartment that I didn't put there. When I looked into it, I couldn't find anything relating to Amelia buying or installing a security system. I left them alone for now, even with my suspicions I don't want to give myself away if she actually did install a system. If so, it was probably the smartest decision she's ever made.

Devon POV

I was pleased when I realized the bozo in the truck hadn't come back. Must've had trouble in paradise. I chuckle to myself as I check the cameras again. Amelia's usually neat apartment could be classified as a category 3 disaster zone. She's depressed again, not at the level she was when she split with John but could easily slip back to that. Currently, Amelia is curled up in bed watching a movie. Her hair is in a messy bun and there's tears running down her pretty face.

"Damn girl, it's been two months, get it together." I mutter to myself. I know she won't, not on her own at least. She'll have to be pushed back into life by somebody close to her like before. I have every intention of being that somebody. If John was good at anything, it was making sure Amelia was a watered down version of herself.

Her chipper voice and polite smiles were gone. Most days she didn't even look in my direction, she just quietly slinks past me on her way inside her apartment. I gave it time, and I could give her longer but I'm growing impatient. I can't stand rudeness and that's all she's giving me, the cold shoulder. And all for what? Because a one nightstand didn't call her? Pathetic. Then again, I quite like pathetic. It'll make it so much easier to build her back up the way I want her.

I'm checking the cameras again after Amelia falls asleep. There's somebody moving around in  the living room but I can't tell who it is. It's a woman who's just a bit taller than Amelia so all I can see from this angle is her body and the ends of her red hair. "Who are you?" I ask as she moves closer. I still can't see her face but I can hear her speak.

"If she doesn't start watering this damn thing I'm taking it home." She grumbles, it takes me a moment to realize she's talking about the plant Amelia keeps by her window. I didn't notice she'd quit watering the thing, then again I hadn't noticed the woman moving around her apartment before either. My anger flared again, I knew if I went over to confront her I'd have to explain to Amelia what I'd been doing. Instead, I'll just keep watching over my girl.

The ArrangementOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara