Chapter 2

🎶 My mind forgets to remind me you're a bad idea

You touch me once and it's something 🎶

- Sparks Fly, Taylor Swift

━━━━━━━ •♬• ━━━━━━━

Nathan stood stunned in his doorway. What had just happened?

He stared down the hallway where the Candy girl had run off. He blinked a few times, still wrapping his head around the fact that the girl he'd met in the parking lot a few hours ago was now at his door. Was she stalking him?

Why did she run away? And why stick a sticky note to his stomach? Weird.

He removed the note from his body and was about to shut the door when he noticed a box lying on the floor. With a frown marring his face, he picked it up and turned it in his hands. The number 406 was scrawled in bold, black strokes on one side of it.

How did she get it?

He stared at the empty hallway again before turning around and shutting the door behind him. Walking over to his desk, he placed the box on the tabletop and then unfurled the sticky note he had accidentally crumpled on top of it.

The sticky note was of the same yellow color she had slapped in his hand in the parking lot just a size bigger. Familiar cursive writing stared at him.

One of your boxes got mixed with mine. I just wanted to drop it off in case you were worried it was lost. Sorry for the inconvenience.

There was a doodle of the emoji bowing its head after the last line which Nathan found cute. Smiling, he fished out the previous note she'd given him from his pocket and smoothened it on the desk.

She had pretty handwriting, he noted.

Suddenly an idea struck him and he began rummaging through his stationery. While he wasn't the 'different color pens and highlighters' kind of guy, he liked to keep one of all essentials.

"Aha!" he exclaimed in victory when he got a singular paper clip from his case. Holding the clip and the two sticky notes together, he carefully attached them and placed them in his drawer. He wondered how many more sticky notes he could collect. A stupid smile graced his lips at the thought.

Then he realized he still didn't know her name. Or what her major was. The only thing he knew was that she lived in Kensington Hall too.

The door to his room opened behind him and a long whistle resounded in the room. Nathan turned around to see William standing at the door with his mouth open and blue eyes wide.

"Damn!" Will exclaimed. "Man, you are ripped! Is that real?" He scuttled forward and poked Nathan's abs.

Nathan swatted his hand away. "Of course it's real."

"Damn!" Will repeated, nodding his head.

Nathan rolled his eyes and went to his bed, lying flat on his back and staring at the ceiling. It had been a long day. He had hoped to go on a run to make up for missing his morning workout but now that he was on the bed, he didn't have the willpower to do anything. Besides, moving all those boxes proved to be a workout in itself. Maybe he could just take a nap instead. Yeah, that sounded really great.

Just as he shut his eyes, Will broke the peaceful silence with his question. "So... What major are you?"

Nathan groaned internally. He really wasn't in the mood to talk about academics right now. But he knew he would be getting that question a lot.