Chapter 3-He's gone missing

Start from the beginning

As soon as they arrived home Dustin had locked himself in his room only leaving it to get the lunch Rosie made him or to go the bathroom. She had decided to leave him alone with his thoughts knowing Dustin needed time to process what was going on.

It had been the same when their dad died. He needed time to process what had happened.

In her hands she held the small piece of paper Oliver had written his phone number on holding it above her face contemplating wether or not she should call him. The thought of talking over the phone was calming so she decided to just get up and phone him.

She made her way over to the phone in her room and began pushing in the numbers. Just as she was about to finish and the phone would begin to ring the static from her hand radio. She assumed it was just the radio picking up some other signal but when she heard Lucas's voice down the line she let out a frustrated groan slamming the phone back down and going over to the walkie.

She didn't say anything simply listening to what the boys were saying to one another for the time being.

"Dustin get your shit together, we're going out to find Will, over" Lucas told him.

"Really now? The weather man said it's gonna rain tonight, over" Dustin spoke.

"Don't be a sissy just put on a coat. Will put himself in danger last night to help the party so now we have to do the same, over" Lucas said in a persuading voice and from her brothers room across the hall she heard him kick the wall in frustration.

"I'll meet you at the bottom of the road in-"

"You losers wanting a ride" Rosie finally cut in.

"ABORT MISSION ABORT" Lucas started screaming down the line.

"Calm down okay, I just want to help. I'll come pick you up at the bottom of the road Lucas. Tell Mike to be ready when we come to get him, over and out" Rosie told them before she shut down her walkie not giving the either the chance to disagree.

She switched off her walkie and grabbed her flashlight from her closet. She pulled on her converse then grabbed her car keys of her dresser and a jacket from the pegs on her door before going over to her brothers room knocking quietly.

He opened the door with his jacket and shoes on a bag on his back with his hat on his head and gave his sister a thumbs up. "Let's go find Will"

The Henderson siblings snuck out the backdoor avoiding their mother who was sat watching tv with their cat Mews. They then ran round to the front of the house quickly getting in Rosie's car before making their way down the drive.

Waiting at the bottom of the road was Lucas flashlight shining so Rosie knew where he was on the dark night and he clambered in the car quickly so they could go get Mike.

Rosie had to be more careful so as not to alert Mike's parents she was there so she left Dustin and Lucas in the car and ran down the path to the Wheeler house to get Mike. She saw him standing hood up at the bottom of the drive.

She ran down quickly so he could see her and she beckoned him over causing him to run up the path quickly. They were both about to run back to the car when a clattering on the roof of the house drew their attention.

The pair turned to see none other than Steve Harrington attempting (but failing miserably) to climb up into Nancy's window. Mike and Rosie shared an unimpressed look before they turned back to Steve who awkwardly waved at them.

While Mike simply walked away Rosie waved back before catching up with him and finally reaching the car. They drove to where they knew the last evidence of Will was before he had went missing.

The sight of police tape and barricades made them aware that they had reached their destination the boys grabbing their bags while Rosie simply had her flashlight as they got out the car and walked over.

As they approached the sound of thunder and a lighting crash surrounded them as if it were some type of warning to not go into the woods. "Hey guys, you feel that?" Dustin asked them looking up only to get a drop of rain on his face which he hastily wiped off. "I think we should go back"

"No were not going back" Mike told his friend "Just stay close plus we got Rosie here"

"Exactly" Rosie tried comforting her brother as she flicked her flashlight on. "Now come on, everyone stay on channel six and don't be stupid. I know thats kinda hard for you guys but this is serious shit"

The three boys and teenage girl ducked under the police tape and began making their way into the woods just as the rain began to fall fast and hard.

The four stayed huddled close as they made their way through the woods as the ferocious storm battled against them with thunder,wind and rain. All of them kept shouting Wills name but other than that no other speaking was taking place as they were all too focused on the task at hand.

Rosie was regretting her choice of jacket with no hood her t-shirt clinging to her body as it was soaked through and her hair made it seem she had just come out the shower.

Dustin yelled out "We have your X-Men 134!" and Rosie looked at him confused.

"You really think he'd stay hidden out here until he got his comic?!" She yelled over the storm

"I don't know MAYBE it's a really good comic!" her brother yelled back. He looked around and then let out a sigh "Guys I really think we should turn back"

"Seriously Dustin?" Lucas asked unimpressed "You wanna be a baby, then go home already"

"NO, no one is splitting up" Rosie told them even if that meant she had to continue dragging her brother through the woods.

"I'm just being realistic, Lucas!" Dustin argued again.

"No your just being a big sissy" Lucas shouted back at him.

"Shut up both of you!" Rosie told them standing in front of the three boys who simply nodded at her before they kept walking.

Dustin however never knew when to quit so continued sharing his worries with the group "Did you ever think Will went missing because he ran into something bad?" Rosie had to stop and think for a moment and to be honest she hadn't. "And now we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? And we have no weapons or anything?"

This time before Rosie could tell her brother to shut up once again Mike beat her to it "Dustin shut up" his voice was a lot calmer than hers though which she wasn't expecting.

"I'm just saying does that seem smart to you?"

"Shut up. Shut up" Mike repeated and now with none of the boys speaking Rosie heard the rustling of the bushes she was guessing Mike had also heard. "Do you guys hear that?"

"Yeah" Rosie answered uneasily as the group kept moving pointing their flash lights in the direction of any bit of rustling they heard. When they turned they all gasped not having expected to see what they found.

Standing in the rain soaked to the bone was a girl with a shaved head. She was wearing a bright yellow t-shirt that was way too big for her and was panting hard like she had been running from something or even someone.

"Holy Shit"