Monster (@Kira18129)

----------- (Y/n's) POV-----------

A siren is the most painful thing you can be.

It's having guilt, but you don't care. There's blood on your hands, but it washes away in the waves. You are fake. Just a lie disguised as beautiful.

When you try to pour your heart out in a song, you only bring more death. Every warm ocean sunset is something you watch alone, but it's better that way.

You are a monster. That's what you are, and you can't change that. You have done things that can never be forgiven. The best thing you can do is what you know to do.

sing.

You absorb the salty air into your lungs, and cough. "stupid gills,". You take another breath, this time more gently, so you can start your call.

It is like a scream of agony for you, yet you know anyone who could hear it would find it beautiful and mesmerizing. They would be so hypnotized that they wouldn't even know when they drowned.

According to legend, the only person who hears your true voice and your pain is the only person who could love you without the magic controlling them. Maybe some people only exist in legends.

When the last of the sun's colorful light faded past the horizon, you turned around to face the shore. You were going to look at the stars appearing on the other side of the sky, but a shadow in the waves caught your gaze.

You were submerged in panic so fast that you thought a wave had knocked you off your rock. Another man caught in your trance, you assumed.

No matter how guilty you felt, no matter how much you wished you didn't posses such an evil, the truth always hit you. You are a monster. Always have been, always will be. A monster.

Maybe you were a monster, but now you have to be a hero while you still can.

You plunged into the frigged water, yet the only thing you felt was the heaviness inside you. It was burning with the spark of hope that you could fix this before it was too late.

You grabbed them and swam to the beach with the waves guiding you. You slammed them onto the sand, expecting them to cough up water or lay there unconscious, but instead they sat up and stared at you. "Huh, usually people act differently when they were just drowning." You brushed away your wet hair while staring back in confusion. He was a kid, couldn't have been any older than you, with dazzling eyes the color of perfectly clear ocean water.

"Drowning?" he looked even more confused than you. "I heard someone screaming, and I came to see if anyone was hurt,".

You felt dizzy. Was he- no, he couldn't be, but what if he was?

He looked you over, seeming to just now realize that you had scales and fins. He didn't seem scared. In fact, he looked at you like you were some sort of angel.

"I should go," you headed back to the water.

"uh- wait," he half ran, half tripped to you. "Are you okay?".

What kind of question was that? You turn around and your eyes meet his. For a moment, you could feel him digging into your soul, but you didn't look away. It was like he could learn everything about you, but not through assumptions and legends. He could see your pain, your guilt, and even the things you refused to see in yourself. He could see that you wished you could drown and be swallowed by the depths of the ocean, so you couldn't hurt anyone again. He saw you were lonely.

He knelt beside you and pushed his bangs off his forehead. His voice was even gentler now. "Are you?".

He wouldn't let you be, nor would your heart stop pounding until you answered. "I'm fine." You didn't believe it, and if you couldn't lie to yourself, how could you lie to him?