6; Ping Pong balls are efficient!

The ping pong ball hit the garage wall and fired back at me. I quickly hit it back and kept going on like that for a while.

I oftenly did that whenever something was on my mind. The sounds of the ping pong ball hitting the wall loudly echoing through the air muted my thoughts.

The only problem was that it did not remove memories.

What was that thing I saw this morning? Or my dream.. hallucination maybe?
Was I schizophrenic? Was I insane? Did I take one melatonin pill too much yesterday?

I let my thoughts wander for a while as I hit the ball back and forth until I lost focus.

The ball flew out the big open garage door out into the street.

Of course, a girl had to be biking right there and then. Her wheels met the hard ping pong ball and she fell over into the ditch.

Guilt drenched my brain as I was running over to her quickly in my sweatpants and T shirt.

"Oh my gosh are you okay? I am so sorry I really didn't notice you there." I chuckled nervously and scratched the back of my neck.

The girl in the ditch was wearing a black helmet, some baggy jeans and a T shirt. Her hair was silky and brown, reminding me of those chocolate commercials on TV. She looked over to me, her piercingly blue eyes reaching the bottom of my stomach.

Oh my gosh. It was Lilly that I just accidentally made fall over into a ditch.

"Oh no it is fine really dont worry! It happens to everyone and I didn't get hurt or anything." She got herself out of the ditch and picked her bike up.

"I am fine don't worry. Hmmm, wait, you look a little familiar?" She waved the dirt off her jeans with her hands.

"Uhm. No I don't think I have seen you around before actually." I responded hastily, at that point my stomach had fallen all the way down to my feet.

"Oh wait! Aren't you the girl that visits my parents' bookstore every now and then? You know the one on the corner by the diner!" Lilly exclaimed with a positive attitude, pointing at me.

"Oh uh yeah I guess so hahahahahahahahahaha!!!" I laughed hesitantly until I was interrupted by some guy on a bike getting closer and closer to us.

"LILLY GET BACK OVER HERE I WILL KILL YOU!" He exclaimed.

"Well as you can see I have to go now, but say hi next time you stop by!" She got on her bike and took off.

Wow. I had been her classmate for 3 years and she didn't notice me at all.

She seemed kind though, but I refused to become one of her many fans.

I got the ping pong ball out of the ditch and when I turned back to look I saw the boy who was seemingly chasing Lilly.

He looked a little older, somewhere around 16 maybe. His eyes and hair were that of Lilly's and they shared the same nose. Perhaps it was her older brother.

I clutched the ball in my hand and went back into the garage. I put the racket and ball down onto my dads woodworking bench.

I wasn't allowed to touch anything on his desk. Something I had noticed every single time I came out here to play ping pong was that his tools were always scattered all over the table. My mom was a clean and tidy person meanwhile my dad was the complete opposite. I took after my dad in that aspect, I prefered a messy more relaxed looking space. My desk was also messy but the rest of my room was neat.

The floor was always vacuumed, my bed was always made, my nightstand was always dusted. My clothes were always folded neatly in the hamper by my mom.

Something that I found rather strange about my dads woodworking bench specifically was that his wrench was always in the same spot, almost centered in the middle of the table. The other tools moved around every time my dad had finished something. I never bothered to ask him about it since I never payed much mind to it anyway. 

I locked the garage door, turned the lightswitch off and went back into my house to continue reading my book.

A Short Messaging ServiceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara