Shanks & Mihawk (OS)

Start from the beginning

An hour after you fell asleep, some anxious knocking on your door made you wake up from your sleep, completely annoyed by whoever decided to interrupt your well-deserved rest, you were ready to yell at what you thought was a neighbor who decided to ask you for a favor, however the words died on the tip of your tongue at the sight of the redhead standing in the hallway of your building block.

"Shanks... what?"

You rubbed your eyes to check that sleep wasn't playing a trick on you, but he smiled down at you as if he was embarrassed for having surprised you, you let him in hoping he would clarify why he was here if he supposedly had an important gala.

"It was a lie... the gala, I just wanted to see you but I didn't know what excuse to make."

"Oh..." you sat next to him putting your hand on his shoulder, you noticed how he seemed to tense up, he didn't look at you which was strange because he always likes to make eye contact with you, you noticed how he moved his hands nervously as if he wanted to say something else "Hey Shanks, are you alright? you seem-"

"I- this whole sugar baby thing started because I didn't know how to ask you to have a relationship, I wasn't sure if someone as young as you would want to- you know- I thought it was a good way to get closer to you, but it bothers me a little that you take it as another job, I just want-"

You cut the string of him off with a little kiss, all this nervousness over a confession, if you were a teenager you'd be winding your hair around your finger with a goofy grin on your face, even though you did have the goofy grin.

"Shanks you are a complete idiot you know that?"

"Is that a yes?"

"No."

You changed your smile to a flat expression, though the joke didn't last long when you saw the man's kicked puppy face, making you roll your eyes and kiss him again, he grabbed your hands rubbing his thumb against your knuckles.

"So... there was something else I'd like to ask you" you raised an eyebrow at his words, nodding for him to continue "would you like to come live with me? Since you are my official partner, I would like to pamper you much more."

"I..."

Your mind entered the conflict of the moving, Shanks does not live near the city which would imply that you needed a method of daily transportation, in addition to the fact that you didn't want to leave your job even with this offer in hand.

"Don't worry about anything! I would do anything to balance our schedules and be able to take you everywhere, I'm not asking you to quit your job if you like it, I just want us to spend more time together without needing excuses."

"Okay Shanks, I would like that too, but the next time you want to propose something to me, don't do it on a Sunday at two in the morning or I'll cut any kind of contact."

"But-!"

"No 'but', now let's go to bed" he raised his eyebrows up and down hinting while squeezing your thigh, you sighed rubbing your temple "or I go to bed and you go to the sofa, if that's what you want."

"I was kidding!"

"Mmmh yeah, the sofa will like your jokes."

"Oh, come on, babe!"

═══════ MIHAWK ═══════

You readjusted your shirt, looking at yourself for the last time in the mirror that was in the room where the employees were allowed to change into the cafeteria uniform, luckily today it was afternoon shift for you and not many people used to pass by, at least not as much as in the morning shift.