One

"Dad. I would be going on a business trip for few days"Arnav said as he sat on the chair.

"How many days?"his father asked as he put the buttered bread on plate..

"Ten days at most. I would be back by 22nd. To celebrate my birthday with you and Di"he said as an answer..

His father and sister nodded. Rahul smiled..

They chatted some more. And left for their work.

Arnav packed some small items and drove to AR. Then he took the lift in his room to the room on the top of the building. He picked up things he needed there. Just some special things.

And walked out. Soon he was on his way to Madhavpur. The area where they had last seen her. The wife of Rafiq. Mursheeda..

Arnav stopped the car and looked at the beautiful sight. Sun was setting. It had drizzled. The green on the field shone in the red light. Sun rise and Sun sets were his favourite. He used to sit when he spend his nights sleepless,to wait for sunrise,to rest for few hours. And sunsets he liked to watch.

He got down and stood. Feeling the beautiful sight infront of him. Aman also got down. Both stood in silence.

After few more minutes they again drove. To the guest house they had rented. There was no hotels available. In that rural area. They had choosen to stay in the small town. Not the main town.

After putting everything in place. Both walked out. They had forgotten to buy eggs. To cook. So they walked to the store they had seen. Small shop to be perfect. A wooden cabin. The shopkeeper looked at them and smiled. They bought the bread and eggs and milk and returned. Even asked about the local market. It was a habit. To buy some vegetables to steam. Arnav was diabetic afterall.

As they walked back,they heard the bells of a temple. Arnav stood looking at it. Aman too stopped. Soon they walked back..

Next morning,Arnav got up and walked out. In his joggers. They had come for a camping,right. He jogged as he watched the sunrise. Then he ran towards the temple.

An old temple. The doors were closed. He stood there. Took few pictures. Looked around. Just as he was about to return,he saw someone..

The priest smiled at him. He smiled folding his hands..

As he sat. He asked the priest about the history of the temple..

The priest told him. It was a temple of old. Even the books of old. Scriptures had mention of this temple.

The temple was of Lord Shiva. But there were also temples of Lord Narayana nearby. The Lord was called Gangeshwar Shiva there.

Though he did not find anything related to the case. But he made a bonding with the priest. He even extended him the invitation to visit the village fair going to be held..

Arnav smiled and walked out.

The peace and quite village was the best part of all. The case was bad. But it brought him to such a beautiful place. He felt happy about it.

When he got inside Aman had already got up. And both freshened up. Eating some bread and eggs they chatted about the plan. They had to go to the hospital where Myra had found the link.

Soon they were on their way..

As they enquired. They found,the woman had actually taken a nurse as hostage and had fled. She was bleeding purfusely.

The nurse was missing after that.

The case was again back to dead end. The nurse,the woman. They were the clue..

But something else was there. As they drove back. Arnav stopped the car. Or the car just stopped. Not moving an inch.

As they got down,in the lone road,Arnav looked at the path. There was a broken temple there.

His feet was pulling him there. He walked forward. Aman followed. He knew not to disturb Arnav. 

As they walked closer,they saw the sabble. The broken temple. Arnav stood there.

Then as if in trance he walked towards the back. There was a stone. He pushed it. And a small door opened.

Aman gulped. It was almost evening. The sound of insects and animals was creating a haunted vibe. And the dark stones of the temple..

Arnav pulled out his cell phone and took steps inside. There were a lot of spider webs. But he walked forward like he was very familiar with all that.

Soon he stood. Looking at the corner. There was a old book. Written on palm leaves.

Arnav smiled. He looked back at Aman.

Both of them picked the books up and walked out. Then put it in the car..

Arnav walked back one last time. And knelt. He prayed and closed the door. And left..

The car,in the mean time,Aman had fixed it. It was just a small problem..

Soon they drove back to the guest house..

Aman helped Arnav as he picked up the books.

And both sat. Quite. The silence was very haunting. Arnav looked at the books as if they were very familiar. Aman looked at the man before him. They had already encountered many strange things. Still. It was going to be a ride of thrill. Aman knew..

As they slept. Next day they packed up and drove back.