Nightmare

" Either let me in or call Granger. I need to talk to her. Now." I gritted out, glaring at the portrait. She sucked in a huge breathe, and really this time I knew she would burst but thankfully, just as she was about to open her damn mouth to spit out insults and yell at me in her annoying malodorous voice, the portrait swung open and a girl walked out, probably a fourth year. But as her eyes drew to mine, she stopped in her tracks and I wondered for a moment how would I explain a mad-out-of-her mind portrait lady and a knocked out student, if anyone caught me here. I cleared my throat to get her attention and she jumped.

" Y-Yes? H-How may I help you?" She stuttered pathetically, not really looking into my eyes,

" I need to have a word with Granger," I told her calmly. Her eyes turned wide for moment as she gaped at me, then without a word, turned right back, the way that she had come and scurried back.

Now I was rather furious. What the bloody hell was wrong with everyone? It wasn't only him who had supported the Dark Lord during the war, there were other students belonging to death eater families too, but still I was the only one who was seen as a bloody outcast! I was the one who had to go through forced isolation, Lucius or not.

I was busy cussing my fore-fathers for being indulged in Dark Arts to begin with that I didn't notice as Granger came out, her face set into a brisk, guarded mask and raised her brow at me as a greeting.

" The letter has arrived." I informed her coolly, and turned on my heels, knowing now that I had her attention piqued, she'd definitely follow. Keeping a well ten yards distance, I led her to the only place I knew we wouldn't have to worry over shameless wayfarers gawking us all the time. Pacing back and forth in front of the Room of Requirement, I led her inside, the lamps and candles. coming to life casting dark shadows as we moved in towards the little living room that had been conjured up for our use.

"We will be using this place to work. I do not wish to have any more company than strictly necessary." I spoke aloud. in a clear-cut voice. I took my seat on the couch, facing a little coffee table across which Granger was making herself comfortable.

There was silence so uncomfortable that I could feel it creeping up back towards my neck, and I suddenly had the urge to shake my head like a dog.

" Can I see the letter?" she demanded after sometime. I took it out of my robe's pocket and handed it to her. Sitting back in my seat, I watched her carefully as she tore open the seal and with slightly shaking hands, drew the parchment from within and started scanning it.

Having nothing else to do, I just closed my eyes, as the calm and quiet of the room took over my senses and closed my eyes,

*******

" What are you doing here?" the voice made me jump as I was pulled out of my thoughts. Regaining my composure, I stared at her with an air of indifference.

" Whats it to you Parkinson?" She smirked at me, and I could tell that she could read right through my facade.

" Well Drakie, Its not everyday that you find the Penultimate Malfoy Heir procrastinating in an empty corridor, in the middle of the night no less." she replied moving to stand next to me against the window, facing the empty stretch of wall, which we both well knew hid the entrance to the Room of Requirement.

" And its not every day for the Devil's queen to be wandering around alone at night either, some beast might be out there to get her." I avoided answering her with my own credence. She gave a little chuckle and shook her head,

" Seriously Drake, what's gotten into you lately? And it's not just me saying this, mind you, everyone has been talking about your rather prodigious and uncaring attitude towards things lately. You don't even tease the mudblood anymore. Even Crabbe and Goyle have noticed." It looked to me like she had been wanting to corner me for this gargantuan interrogation for ages. I tilted my head slightly, staring at a point somewhere past her shoulder.

" I've been... busy." I tried the being-evasive card. But I knew it wouldn't make her shut up, and if I were to have some peace of mind for some time in future, I had to keep her distracted. So I continued,

" Father wrote to me the other day, to inform me about the- ah, arrangements being made at home." I told her, as if it was a crucial enough reason to demand such kind of late night meandering. " It is my duty to ask this of you, and I believe right now is a time as better as any." I could feel her tense up. So she already knew, I thought to myself.

" Will you, Miss Pansy Parkinson, do me the honors of becoming my wife and the future Lady Malfoy?" There was no emotion, no promises of stars and moons, there was no spark at all. Somewhere within our hearts we knew it was as much a forced union as it could be believed individually but the cons weighed way more than the pros, if we decided to run from this reality. Nightmare would have been a better adjective really.

" If I had a choice, I would love to turn you down and leave you with the shock of being rejected for once in life and it would be sweet revenge too, so very sweet but that is wishful thinking, so Yes Mr. Malfoy, I will be your wife for the rest of our lives, till death do we part." she replied, rather dramatically. A harsh laugh escaped through my lips and I turned away from her, shielding the morose and disgust I knew was evident in my eyes directed at myself, my Father and anyone I could think of actually.

We may never have been romantically attracted to each other, but over the years, I'd come to find this pug-faced chick a real comfortable company. The whole throwing herself all over me was innocent flirting and we both had rather enjoyed the occasional rendezvouses, although even those had been limited to snogging against walls and empty broom closets.

Taking out an emerald-studded ring out of my pocket, I slipped it on her finger and then charmed it so that it would be visible to only us. Orders from Father of course. I closed my eyes for a moment, letting the midnight breeze hit my face as Pansy was busy admiring her ring, but when I opened my eyes, I found myself back in that terrifying hell hole. I stared in horror.

I stood in the middle of shiny, flowing blood. My hands limp by my side as I watched her scream and writhe in agony. All I could do was stare on, in mute horror as slowly, her struggle to hold on, ceased and then.. a limp body lay in front of me, twisted in weird angles. Bruised and dirty, floating in its own blood.

*********

"Malfoy? Hey! Malfoy? Wake up!" I could feel someone poking my side with a sharp something, I tried to grab it in order to throw it away, when consciousness dawned upon me and I sat up with a gasp.

It took me a moment to realize my surroundings and that I was gasping for air, covered in sweat. My eyes snapped to Granger who stood by my couch, her wand drawn, ready to strike, her eyes showing panic and bewilderment. Standing up, on shaky legs, I dismissed her with a fierce glare and stomped out of the room without another word.

A/N : Toodles! Hope you like this one.

Question : Which POV do you like more? Hermione? Or Draco?