The Change

Katsuki's POV:

My UA acceptance letter finally came in! My parents were so excited, but to be honest, I think they were just excited to get me out of the house so they didn't have to kick me out. In the letter, they had said to pack everything up because we would be moving to dorms.

I started packing everything up, making sure to bury my binders and stuff at the bottom of one my suitcases. I didn't need anyone to find them. My parents hated it enough. Said it was "just a phase." I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought.

As soon as everything was packed, I took it downstairs. I was hoping my mom would be gone already, but luck wasn't on my side. She stood in front of the door staring at me, before she spoke.

"Katsumi. Don't be doing any of that nasty shit while you're gone, got it?" She said, running her hand through the longer hair that I hated and planned to cut as soon as I left this building. I sighed inwardly at her using the name that I won't be using anymore. But I didn't wanna make it worse. "Yes ma'am." I grabbed my stuff and walked outside.

I started walking towards the hair salon. I was welcomed in and sat in a chair fairly nicely. The woman I was dealing with, was apparently very good at doing gender affirming haircuts. I let her have some free rein over how she cut it, I just wanted it short.

When I finally looked in the mirror, my hair was short and spiky. I loved it!! I expressed my thanks and paid the woman with a nice tip. I grabbed my stuff again and started walking towards UA. I had enrolled as Katsuki so no one would know. I've been working on lowering my voice for a couple years as well, so that wouldn't get me caught.

I walked up the UA building and stood there for a moment. I looked up and threw on a smirk. I had decided that my personality would change too, I would be stronger, angrier, tougher. No one would question me and no one knew me beforehand. Or so I thought.

I was broken out of my thoughts by being run into from behind. "Watch where you're going, you damn-!" I cut myself off when I looked at the boy who ran into me. Deku. 'Fuck fuck fuck, why the hell is he here?? I'm already gonna get outed!'

The green haired boy, Deku, looks up at me with wide eyes. "K-kacchan??" I sighed in relief, I had forgotten about the nickname he had for me for a moment. I smirked at him softly and gave him a big hug. To everyone else, it just looked like a hug, but in reality Katsuki was whispering in Deku's here.

"Deku, please I'm begging you. Don't tell anyone who I used to be. I go by Katsuki now, and he/him pronouns." The words came out soft, but his worry was obvious in them. Deku tightened his arms around Katsuki slightly. "I won't tell a soul Kacchan, I promise." I sighed in relief again. "Thank you."

When we let go, we grabbed our stuff and started to make our way into the building. "Hey Deku? Last I checked, you didn't have a quirk. What happened?" I said it softly so no one else would hear us. He looks around making sure no one is listening and tells me the story about how he got his quirk from All Might.

I gaped at him after he finished the story, but I would have to finish the conversation later because we were at the door of our class. We nodded at each other and entered the 1-A classroom, ready to start preparing for our new careers.