The Substitute

"I'm shaking

"I'm shaking. And it's either from low blood sugar or rage. I knew it was only a matter of time before Rachel tried to take over the Glee Club." kurt said while him, mercedes and ciara stood in line for lunch.

after kurt said this, both their eyes trailed to ciara and she scoffed. "Ok don't look at me like that. We all know I would've done that sooner rather than later." she defended.

FLASHBACK
everyone in the glee club watched as rachel wrote 'me' on the whiteboard "Class, in Mr. Schuester's absence, I'd like to go around and ask everyone what solos they'd like to hear me perform at sectionals."

both santana and ciara shared a look when hearing this. with a nod of conformation they both jumped up. ""All right, you know what?" "Let me at her!"
the two yelled and started cursing in spanish.

while mike and kurt held santana back, it took sam, finn and puck to hold ciara back and rachel just screamed in horror.
PRESENT TIME

"We'll forget all about it tonight at bowling." mercedes said and both kurt and ciara grimaced.

"I can't. Blaine asked me to hang out."

"And Sam asked to hang out."

"I've been looking forward to it all week. Wait. Are you two going out? Because I think you need to come clean." mercedes said, more to kurt but eyes on ciara as well.

"Hey me and Sam are friends. That's it." ciara said trying to hide her disappointment as the attention move to kurt.

"What? No.  I don't want another Jessie—Rachel traitor scenario to overcome. Please, Mercedes. Mum's the word."

"We'd be happy for you." ciara mentioned.

"Yeah I mean, we know how lonely you've been." mercedes added.

"All right, we just hang out. Nothing about Glee club even ever comes up. It's just nice to have someone to talk to."

"What is that supposed to mean?" mercedes asked as they moved down the lunch line.

"I mean someone like me. But I promise to make it up to you. We'll all hang out Friday night." kurt said as they watched mercedes cut the lunch line to get the tater tots.

"So what are we going to do about Glee Club while Mr. Shue is sick?" mercedes asked as ciara grabbed a water.

"I have an idea. Have you met the new Spanish teacher?"

~~

once kurt confirmed that he got a substitute for glee this week, the puckerman siblings were already setting up a prank.

"We are pure geniuses." puck said as they buttered the floor.

"Great minds think alike." ciara muttered as she made sure she didn't butter on her cheerios uniform.