༝ ˚ 。⋆𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑⋆。 ˚ ༝

Start from the beginning

But sirens? Sirens have always been dubbed as monsters due to their ability to lure unsuspecting victims in to their doom just with their voices.

I have always believed that sirens are not the monsters here and that it's the mermaid's you have to look out for, but that is discussed in a later volume: "Sirens, a study in blue".

In this book I will just discuss history and theory, nothing too rich. The wizard community isn't quite ready for that conversation I think.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Someone knocked my shoulder as I walked to the great hall and sent the book flying out of my hands as I tripped over myself.

There were a few giggles as I looked up at caught the eyes of the girl from before, who I had learned was named Imelda. She smirked at me as our eyes met and kept walking.

"Better watch where you're going, wild one."

She called over her shoulder. I sighed. Well this was great. I didn't even know what bullying was, and here I was, already a victim of it.

I reached down for my book but someone else beat me to it.

"Imelda giving you a hard time?"

Sebastian.

Where had he even come from? I suppose I had been a little too invested into my book earlier, I didn't even notice him. I shook my head.

"No?"

He asked, a brow raised.

"That's not what it looked like to me." He added. "She's that way with all the first years, I guess to her you aren't much different."

He said and looked down at the book, my book, in his hands.

"What were you reading anyways? Must have been real interesting you didn't even hear her coming." He said as he read the title and looked back at me.

"Sea Magic?"

He asked.

"What do you want with Sea Magic? You know this is the stuff of mermaids right? Blue bloods? It's forbidden for wizards, like dark magic."

The way he talked about it made it seem like he didn't care one bit that it was forbidden, he talked about it like it was some kind of forbidden treat that he wanted desperately. There was a glimmer in his eyes.

"How interested are you in this stuff?" He asked. I shrugged. "Well, should you want to know more, I know where they keep the books on Sea Magic in the restricted section of the library. I was interested in it too, once. But once I found that I couldn't read any of the spells or incantations I gave up. They're all written in some sort of ocean language unique to blue bloods." He continued.

"I've only ever been able to read the books professor River wrote. Like this one."

He gestured to the book in his hand, my book. Wait, Marina wrote that? Did she know more about this than she was letting on? What did she know exactly? What did she know about me that she wasn't telling?