Part 1

Xada's POV

I was talking with my close friends from the squadron I was in, waiting to be deployed. I'm in squadron E3A, also known as an elite squad. The fifth best squadron. There's three guys, and two girls, including me.

"Xada! 5'2 gremlin down to Earth!" someone said. I looked up to the other girl, my friend, Erin, waving a hand in front of my face. "Huh? What?" I asked, shaking my head slightly, slapping her hand. "Also, in my defense, I'm 5'3!" I added, and she rolled her eyes. "5'2, 5'3, same thing, both gremlin height." she said jokingly.

"Xada, Erin, be nice. You don't want to kill each other before we even get to the battlefield." said a guys voice from behind me. I turned, locking eyes with Dexter, squadron E3A's leader.

"Sure sure, don't worry about us. Worry about Simon and Ryder, they look like they're about to send some fists flying." I joked in return, cocking my head in the direction of the other two boys in our squadron who looked about ready to assassinate each other.

Dexter shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index in annoyance. "I'm near the point of evicting them from this damn squadron, they act like literal children." he said, exhaling for about 5 seconds.

Just then, the intercom on the airship crackled to life. "Squadron 15C to entrance 3, 15A to 4, 17D to entrance 1, 17A to entrance 2, and Elite 3A to 5, please. Thank you, and good luck on the field." A mans voice said before the intercom gave a bit of static, and then stopped.

The groups called, including the one I was in, all stood up. Whilst we walked to entrance 5, a few members of backup squadrons, as shown by the difference in their uniforms, saluted us in a way of respect.

The group paused in front of the doorway, and Dexter turned to us. "Hope none of you are scared of skydiving in just a wingsuit from an airship." he said jokingly.

"And remember, it's the black button on your right that activates the wings. The red button deactivates them." he added as a reminder as he pressed a button on the wall, and the door slid open.

Everyone in my group jumped, till it was just me and Dexter. "See you at the bottom!" I shouted over the howling wind.

"Only if we both make it safely." he replied with a loud laugh. I gave him a quick salute, and then jumped.

-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ P.O.V. SWAP: NEXUS ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

"And that, young children, is why here, in the Town of Otsoa, otherwise known as Town of the Wolf, wolf hunting is deemed illegal. Any questions or comments?" I asked, placing my hands on the sides of my waist.

"Nexus, you can take off the mask now. They can't hear you with it on." Kai, my oh so insightful friend said through the earpiece that allowed us to communicate during the presentation.

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment as I tapped a button, the wolf mask folding back to reveal my very strategic fake smile.

"And that story is the reason why here, in the Town of Otsoa, wolf hunting is illegal. Any questions?" I concluded. To my surprise, a girl is the front raised her hand.

"Yes, young lady?" I said, taking a few steps forward.

"Wait, so is this story actually true, or is it just completely made up?" she asked, lowering her hand.

'Shit. An intelligent and social child asked a question. Nobody ever has questions during presentations, and if they do, it's often a dumb question.' I thought.

      "What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked.

      "It's Indigo."

      'She's a book shop. Got it.'

      "Well, Indigo, that's a good question. You see, it really just depends on if you believe it or not. Many say this brave warrior comes from a long line of werewolves, tainting his blood which let him speak to wolves. Though of course, many call it fake. Personally, I believe it's true." I explained.

     Madam Book Store seemed fairly unconvinced. "Now, if there's no more questions, all of you young ones should get home. It's getting late, and the Festival of Otsoa is at its end this year. Besides, I'm sure all of your parents are waiting for you." I said, officially ending the festival.

The children began to leave, chattering excitedly about what they all did at the festival whilst I walked up to Kai, my face in my hands.

"God, I've never had my part in the festival that embarrassing. I completely forgot the mask..." I trailed off, cringing at myself.

      "Yeah yeah, you're welcome for reminding you about that. Also, why do you believe in the story of the Wolf?" Kai questioned.

      "Ah well," I started, rubbing the back of my neck. "The reason occurred when I was younger. Specifically when I was 8..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
833 Words

Hello my amazing Wattpadians! Thanks for reading my first chapter, and have an AMAZING morning, afternoon, evening, day, or night! :)
      -Sincerely, the author of this story, Cadwell_Chorvrodonte/Ferny <3