Chapter 1-9: Swarm of the Century

Celestia sent a letter to Twilight and I that she’s going to visit Ponyville tomorrow, and Twilight ended up telling the whole town so they could prepare for a Princess, and she delegated everypony. I stopped by Sugarcube Corner for a quick snack, and found Pinkie devouring desserts and making a complete mess.

Twilight exclaims, “Pinkie! What are you doing?! Those sweets are supposed to be for the Princess!”

Pinkie says, “I know. That’s why I’m tasting them. Somepony needs to make sure that everything is tasty enough to touch the royal tongue, and I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a King. Or a Queen. Or a Princess!”

I say, “I’m sure it’ll be fine, girls.”

Fluttershy runs in then, then skids to a stop in front of us, exclaiming, “Twilight! Pinkie! Scarlette! You won’t believe- Oh, I’m sorry. Uh, am I interrupting?”

Pinkie says, “No, not at all. Come in and make yourself at home.”

She slurps cake frosting off of her face, and I ask, “What’s up, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy responds, “You won’t believe what I found at the edge of the Everfree Forest. Come on out, little guy. It’s okay.”

She moves her mane around, and a small, adorable little yellow creature pops out, chirping, then three others pop out after it, purple, green, and pink.

Fluttershy asks, “Four?”

I coo, petting the green one, “They’re adorable! Oh, who’s a little cutie?”

Twilight pets the purple one, adding, “They’re amazing. What are they?”

Fluttershy says, “I’m not sure. I’m also not sure where these other three came from.”

Twilight says, “I’ll take one off your hooves. I’ve never seen anything so… adorable! Besides, it’ll be nice to have a companion for Spike so he won’t bother me so much while I’m studying.”

I hum a little tune, and the green creature mimics it.

I add, “I’ll take this one. We can sing together!”

Fluttershy asks, “Pinkie, do you want the other one?”

Pinkie groans, “Ugh! A Parasprite? Are you kidding?”

I ask, “‘Ugh’? What does that mean?”

Twilight asks, “A Para-what?”

Fluttershy asks, “How could you not like -”

Pinkie interrupts her, groaning, “Ugh, now I gotta go find a trombone.”

Twilight asks, “A what?”

Pinkie responds, “A trombone. You know…”

She mimics a trombone, and I ask, “What do you need that for?”

Pinkie just leaves, and Twilight says, “Typical Pinkie.”

I say, “I dunno. That seemed like ‘weirder than usual’ Pinkie to me.”

The Parasprite chirps, curling into the nape of my neck. I smile, and it stays there as I head home. I give it some crackers, and lay down on my couch with a book, eventually falling asleep. I wake up the next morning to my kitchen cabinets and fridge being raided by thousands of Parasprites. I start racing around my kitchen and try to lock up my cabinets, but they keep finding something to eat, and the swarm grows even bigger.

I exclaim, “Where are you even coming from?!”

Pinkie just walks into my house, going straight to my music room.