1.1 ▬▬▬▬. . . Whore

Act one,                  "Whore is someone who       sleeps around?"  | Kendra's POV

Act one, "Whore is someone who
sleeps around?"
| Kendra's POV

                              October 4, 1995

"How did today go?" I asked my sister as she came near me while I was sitting in the chair getting my hair done. She replied with an upside down smile, taking her heels off as she decided to take a seat in an empty chair next to me. "It was fine it was fine, just stressful."

"Oh what could be stressful if you were booking a date with a man that has money."

"These industry people aren't always what they seem to be Kendra." My sister pointed out before she relaxed her body in her chair, "plus they always want sex after the first day...well in this case after the first brunch but you get what I mean."

"Did you put out?" I asked curiously. My sister guilty looked down at her swollen feet from the cheap shoes. Before whistling and twisting her shirt curles so innocently. "Did you use protection." Veronica who was a close friend of mine and the one doing my hair asked the girl making me turn my head to look at her.

"Can stay out of my business?" I questioned her confused on why she would ask a crazy ass question like that, "What? This is the only interesting conversation I'll ever hear, I don't her any juicy shit from you." Veronica defended as she huffed.

"And turn your head around." She mumbled as she forced my head foward to the mirror, I looked into the mirror reflecting on my sister. She was giggling under her breath.

"My sister never gives out any juicy information because she doesn't rely on men for validation," Ella said in a mocking tone, explaining to Veronica. I flinched as I felt Veronica shove a pin in my bun. "Yeah, I know," Veronica replied.

"But she also would be lying to herself if she said that more openly."

"Y'all know I'm right here, right?"

"I believe in independence," I declared to them both as they  stared at me cross eyed. "I don't need a relationship to make me happy. What's so bad about that?"

"There's nothing bad about not wanting a relationship, but hun you have to be a little truthful, you haven't had a relationship at all and I've known you my whole life babe." Ella said as she leaned up in her seat to rub my hand in a soothing way.

"Uh hmmm..." I hummed ignoring her as I was paying  attention to Veronica putting those hard heated pins in my hair. "Your beautiful girl...if you lost some weight but still you know, you could pull you a fine African brother any day."

"What if I'm a lesbian?" I joked when replying. Veronica stopped as she stared at me, "then date a lesbian African, shit ion know, but what I do know is your not going to keep telling me to mind my business when your sister clearly need some advice."