𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓶𝓾𝓶.

Start from the beginning

Spoil sport.

"Well, Hunter, what are you doing here? Also take that mask off of your face."
"Only if you take off yours." I contemplated taking off my mask.

But what if he comes to Hexide? I can't let anyone see my face they could ruin my life there. And my friendships.

"How about no." I said. He doesn't remove the mask, so I hummed and it danced its way into my open hands.

He gave me a wtf look and I just shrugged.

I compare my mask to his. Hunter's is golden and resembles an owl, mine is silver and a fox (A/N: or whatever animal you pick). I look at his uniform. Where his is black, mine is f/c. And with his other uniform, where his is gold mine is silver. Our third and final uniform, his chest plate is golden and mine is silver. Where his is blue, mine is dark green and where his is navy, mine is super dark green. About our gloves, mine are the same colour as his. Boring. I think that's about it. Oh I forgot about our capes! They, however, have completely different designs. Mine is black and sprinkled with silver dots that make it look like the night sky. Along with a silver star at the front. His is white with a gold shoulder pad, along with a gold triangle at the front.

"Well Goldielo-"
"Hunter."
"Hunnnnnnnnntie," I compromised. He just rolled his eyes.
"Why'd you come?"
"Do you have the memory of a goldfish? The mission."
"Not my mission. Not my problem." I sighed.

"Just come?"
"Why you scared?"
"Didn't you say you wanted to have a more interesting mission other than going to Hexide?"
"..." I didn't reply and crossed my arms.
"Ugh fine." I mumbled.
"Perfect, meet me at Hexide in 5 hours." He nodded and walks back out of the room. Well, more like runs.

"WAIT 5 HOURS? THATS LIKE 11PM?" I shouted.
"You agreed! Byeee!" He shouted before shutting his door.

Ugh. Y'know what? I'm going to... wait 5 free hours? I need to go to Lilith.

Hunter's pov:

I stood there, watching y/n stare at the owl house. They didn't know I was here but I watched them sneak out.

Their nails had been scratching at the tree bark for a few minutes now and I thought I saw some blood.

Fuck it.

I walked up to them and took a deep breath.
"Hi." I mumbled really quietly as to not scare them.
They jump a little but shrug it off.
"Oh, hello... I'm just... I was..." They turned around and stare at me for a minute before continuing.
"I want to say hello to my mum but I also don't want to out myself to Luz as the silver sentinel." They rested their head against the tree.
"What do I do?"

"Uh. Maybe you could ask to talk to Lilith privately?" I suggested, hoping it was a good idea.
"I'm such an idiot, why didn't I think of that?" They sarcastically laugh at themself.

Why does that make my heart sink?

"You're not stupid." I whispered not really meaning for them to hear it. They stare at me for a moment before reaching up to take off their mask.

My heart started beating really fast. Wait why is it doing that? What's happening...? They hooked their fingers underneath the mask before being interrupted by a loud, annoying, croaky voice.
The bird tube.

"HIII! YOU GUYS ARE LULU'S FRIENDS AREN'T YOU?" It shouted in my ear.
"Yeah! I'm actually lo-" Y/n began before being interrupted by it again.
"COME ON IN. ANY FRIEND OF LULU IS A FRIEND OF MINE!"

It wrapped its body around us forcing us together. I went bright red and faced as far away from Y/n as I could. Thank the Titan I have my mask on.
It put us down inside of the owl house and I brush my self off. I turn my head to y/n and see them running their hands through their hair.

I've never seen their hair before. It looks pretty... I mean pretty cool. Definitely pretty cool. Wait no it didn't it looks weird.
Yeah... weird.

"Look what the cat dragged in."

I turn my head to the right.
Oh shit.
I forgot.
Eda.

Y/n POV

"Heyyy Eda." I attempted to clear the air by using finger guns, but that didn't work very well. I nudge Hunter and he just makes a sort of squeaking sound.
Cute.
WAIT WHAT AM I SAYING?

"Uh... do you know where my mu- Lilith is?" I smiled at her but she just pouted. She gave me a death glare and I felt Hunter brush his hand against mine. I went red and grinned underneath my mask.

"Why would I tell you Emperor Lacky where my sister is?" She raised a hand and began to draw a circle.
"And you, Golden Guard, are so dead after what happened with that Selkidomus." She faced the spell towards Hunter. I stepped in front of him, shielding him using myself. Just as Eda was about to start the spell, the door opened.
I turned around.

Lilith.

She glared at Hunter and stepped in the house.
"Golden guard?" Her gaze softened when her eyes landed on me.
"Pumpkin?" She ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around her in return.
"Pumpkin!" She pulled away, still holding my hands. I watched as a few tears ran down her face.
"No, no, no! Don't cry mum. Please don't or sniff you'll make me cry too!" I wiped away the first few tears that fell down my face.

"MUM?" Eda shouted.
"MUM?" Hooty shouted.
"MUM?" The demon cat shouted.
"YOU HAVE A CHILD?" Eda shouted again.
"YOUR KID'S THE SILVER SENTINEL?" The demon cat added.
"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME... I mean us. HOOT!" Hooty exclaimed.
"Rewind, rewind. What? Please explain." Eda requested, more quietly than what she last said.

Lilith looked at me, smiled then nodded. I took a deep breath.
"No."
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?" The demon cat shouted, in my ear.
"Y'know what? Fine. I'll explain, if you guys stop shouting in my ear." I glared at the demon cat.
"King makes no promises." The demon ca- King, nodded.

"Uh, so are we just going to ignore my existence?" Hunter stood against the wall with his arms crossed.
"Anyways," I began completely ignoring Hunter's existence- nice phrase Hunter.
"So Lilith adopted me and that's that." I stated.

"Well that explanation was a bit shi-"