Kiara, John B, and Lyra are standing beside Pope, trying to get a better view of the boat that supposedly sank into the water. It turns out Pope was telling the truth because they could barely make out the outline of the boat's roof on the surface of the water.

"Holy shit, he's right... Let's go." Kiara acknowledged as she stripped off her clothes, leaving her body with only a bikini the same with Lyra, while Pope and John B took off their shirts.

Kiara, Pope, and John agreed to join JJ on the water, leaving Lyra behind. "Come to daddy, Lyra." With a teasing smile, JJ raises his hands and beckons Lyra to leap into the refreshing water.

"JJ, first of all, ew. Also, never say that again," Lyra remarked before jumping into the water. JJ only grinned while the others stared at him with disgust and annoyance.

"What?"

As five of them dove into the water, they swam towards the boat to investigate if anybody or anything unusual was onboard. The boat was a Grady White, as it was written on the side of it.

Lyra, who had never been known for her exceptional swimming skills, struggled to keep up with the others and quickly found herself gasping for air. Fortunately, with his quick reflexes, JJ came to her rescue and pulled her up to the surface, allowing her to catch her breath.

The sound of breaths and gasps filled the air as they all came up for air, relieved to have escaped the water safely.

"You guys saw that, right? That's a Grady White." JJ asked his friends, seeking confirmation as he gently released his hold on Lyra's wrist. He then heard Lyra mutter her thanks, to which he responded with a smile.

"Well, you're not the only one who has eyes." JJ playfully frowned at Lyra as the others chuckled at her sarcastic comment. The group then returned to their boat while JJ talked about the ship they had just seen.

"Yeah, yeah. That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge," John B slipped, revealing to his closest friends what he had done a few days back. Everyone turned to look at him in shock and disbelief.

"You surfed the surge? John B, you could have died!" Lyra scolded him as if she was his mother. She knew how much of an adventure seeker John B was, but surfing a surge was beyond dangerous.

"Well, surprise! He is not dead. Live a little, Ly," JJ said, rolling his eyes. Lyra was unaware of what JJ was about to say next. "Now, that's my boy. Pogue style," he commented, praising his friend.

John B nods his head, receiving a little bit of pride with what JJ recently said. "I'm still alive, Ly. I am fine. No need to panic." He assured his friends as he looked at her and then at Kiara.

"What the heck?" Kiara whispered in disbelief, her mind struggling to process the new information that had just been revealed.

Despite her shock, the others seemed to have already come to terms with it. However, Lyra was clearly upset, although it didn't last long. She began to consider the possibility that she, too, could have been with John B when he surfed the surge. But deep down, she knew she wasn't brave enough to take such a risk.

Lyra's older brother Klyd was a former notorious troublemaker, and when he caught her smoking weed with her friend JJ, it was a turning point in their relationship. Klyd became much stricter with her, determined to keep her from following in his footsteps.

Despite her best efforts to stay out of trouble, Lyra had a habit of getting involved-courtesy of her friends. Although her parents didn't seem to take her misbehaviour too seriously, Klyd was a different story. He had significant influence over their parents and could sway their decisions regarding Lyra's well-being. In fact, the family trusted Klyd's judgment in almost every aspect of their business and personal lives, making it difficult for Lyra to rebel against his authority.