→ eιɢнт

➔ WORD OF THE CHAPTER: Lizzie

୨୧ ────────────────── ୨୧

We got back to Charlie's house.

"Driving's not that hard," charlie shrugs.

The door slips open and we were heading to the front door. "You guys go down.. I'll uh be there in a sec," charlie says reading whatever is on his phone.

"Okay, don't be too long," berger shouts.

———

"Hey y/n, go long," berger raises his wand up with the metal item attached to it.

I smile and the jacket i had on had these blue glowing hexagon shield type thing and i threw them on the ground.

I ran and jumped on it, spinning in the air, catching the hoop.

I roll backwards, landing in a cool pose. Like a superhero. "I got it," i yell.

"Oh, no," lizzie says. We looked up at her. "Guys, i think it's dead," she shouts.

Her wings from the backpack shrinks back in and she falls.

I look up and hold out my hands, creating a landing pad with the hexagons for a minute then it went away letting Lizzie fall on top of me.

We laugh.

"That was amazing," she says. "I'm gonna go upstairs to make a phone call," she says taking off the backpack and leaving.

I look up to see Charlie at the rails in the higher floor. He burps.

———

I walked around and i spot a red guitar and i went to straight to it.

I started strumming, not really playing anything. Just a few chords. "You know how to play," maya asks me. She was sitting beside me. "un peu," i smile.

I see Charlie coming in, and knocks on a table. I look up and smile, continuing to play.

He does a little flip onto the couch from behind and sits up.

He looks at maya then at me. "I can't believe..." I start speaking at the same time charlie did.

"So i was thinking..."

"Sorry... you go first," he says awkwardly. "Uhm... Im just gonna say it. It must weird, right," i tell him. "Knowing that your dad has this big.. souterrain grotte," i added. He pauses to think what i just said. "Underground cave," maya helps him. He perks up in understanding. "Yeah, it is weird. Thanks for asking. It's like we.. don't even know each other. I thought he worked at a genius bar and he thought i was a righty," he tells me. Oh! I could pretend i fully understood him.

"Well, i don't forget," i place the guitar down and i each out for the mug. I place it on the table in between us. "Happy birthday," i smile.

It was fixed as much as i can do. It had a lot of cracks, but it did look cool. There was only gold glue so it was shown. It looks very abstracty.

"You fixed it," he said surprised. "Nice.." he leans forward and picks it up. "Maya helped me a little bit," i say.

"Thanks," he says

"Let's go lovebirds, we gotta go," maya says getting up from the couch.

———

We walked to the games area.

I was playing around the cool arcade games. Maya was at the pool table behind me.

Charlie speaks up in the silent, "I get why he couldn't tell the world about his secret identity. But... why couldn't he tell me. Am i that untrustable." He takes a sip from his painted mug.

Maya and I look at him. "Certainly weren't in the fifth grade," maya mumbles, hitting the white ball.

Charlie spits back out his drink into the mug. "So, you do remember," he says. "How could i forget," she begins walking up to him. "Robert Fernandez's birthday party. You and I almost kissed... You chickened out. And you tell everyone I have bad breath," she tells him.

What the world is happening right now. I try to distract myself from the conversation by playing the games. But the atmosphere changed.

"It.. wasn't true. There wasn't anything wrong with your breath," charlie says. "I know, cause i have amazing breath, but you do know... the nickname 'Moldy Mouth Maya' followed me around, right," maya says. "And... that's why you left the country.." charlie sighs. Maya looks at him dumbfounded, "What? No. My mom got transferred, you dingus."

Maya placed her stick down and walks away from him. "Come on y/n," she places her hand on my shoulder and we walk away.

The elevator dings.

We stopped in our tracks and charlie comes up to us. "Must be... Lizzie," he questions.

We walked out to the orange world hologram. "When did Lizzie get a flashLIGHT," charlie got dragged down by maya in the middle of his word. She pulled me down right beside her.

"Something's wrong.. We have to move. Come on," she whispers to us.

We crawl our way out. We climb down the ladder.

We see Berger talking to his phone pretty loudly. Maya quickly covers his mouth, making him shriek. "shhh," i tell him.

"Okay, we gotta hide. There are people here with guns," maya whispers.

"The Mafia," berger shrieks again. Maya hushes him. "No. They look paramilitary to me," she says. "How would you tell," charlie asks. "Equipment. I saw an Sig Sauer MDX, Zov dragonfly Glock 17, Plate carriers, and grenades," she says. Charlie nods.

"Lizzie," i whisper shout. "We gotta get lizzie- oh my god. Lizzie," she says.

———

Third POV:

Lizzie was upstairs in the bathroom with her pink cat ears headphones. "Uh.. huh... mhm.. well alright.. When you get here, okay," Lizzie says.

Her phone on the counter. She was fixing her hair.

"Well, remember not to make a big deal when you get here, okay," she says looking in the mirror at herself.

୨୧ ────────────────── ୨୧