"good night raven, sophie" he smiled. sophie waved and wished him goodnight as he dropped his waste food to calcifer, "good night calcifer"

"night" the demon said through chewing, raven chuckled and turned back to her book, feeling sophies eyes burning though her own she sighs and looks up to meet gaze with sophie.

"got something to say?" raven hums, sophie clears her throat a little embarrassed that the witch had caught her.

"what are you a witch off?" 

"lunar magic" raven hummed closing her book. sophie nodded.

"which is?"

"A form of magic that allow the user to cast magical spells and feats through the moon. Moon magic draws on the spirit and energy of the Moon." 

raven looks to the window, " Moon magic deals in concealment spells, and connections with spirits and the veil between life and death. anyway, its getting late, i suggest you head to bed" she stands up. 

"goodnight sophie"

"goodnight raven" sophie nods, watching as the witch throws the leftover food to calcifer before walking upstairs. the sound of her door closing makes sophie sigh.

"she will open up eventually!" calcifer spoke, looking at sophie. "give her time"

-----------------------

that night howl slumped inside, calcifer frowns, "You reek of burnt flesh and steel" he mutters, watching as howl drops onto the chair, a small groan leaving his lips as his body transforms back, "Keep flying and one day you won't be able to change yourself back"

howl ignores his comments, calcifer frowns and picks another log. "you should take raven out with you"

"The fighting is fierce Τhe country's ablaze, from the southern coast to the northern border, i need to know she's safe, safe here!"

"she can handle herself howl, she's just as good as you, if not better when it comes to it"

"i know, but i-" howl pauses, not knowing what to say, "i just cant, i care for her too much" he looks towards the fire. "my own kind attacked me"

"The Witch of the Waste?"

"Hack wizards masquerading as monsters"

"Τhey'll cry plenty later on, when they can't regain human form "calcifer frowns.

"No, they'll just forget they eνer knew how to cry"

"Αren't you supposed to report to the king yourself?"

"Yes, well..." howl pauses standing up. "Hot water for my bath"

"Oh, no, not again" calcifer groans. howl walks forward, pulling back the curtain of the supply room to see sophie, her hair brown and her face young, fast asleep. he hums and pulls the curtain back. turning around and making his way upstairs.

the lights were on in ravens room, light peeking from under the door, he placed his ear against it and he could hear the faint mumbles and curses falling from her lips, he smiles and walks to the bathroom.

---------------------

the next morning everyone was sat in the dining room, raven had her face shoved into her book, her breakfast cast aside. howl and markl worked to the bench, howl creating spells twice as fast as markl, sophie watched the three of them work.

howl was rushing around, running back and forth from upstairs and the garden, while markl took his time, muttering under his breath. and raven had her body tilted on the table, a few jars of rain water surrounding her as she scribbles onto bits of paper, her tounge poking from the corner of her mouth.