6~ Haldi and Marriage

Shivani pov :

“Shivani sat on the middle of the stage”

Chachi ji said, looking at the gate for the haldi bowl.  Later, she smiled when a girl bring the haldi thali covering it from red colour cloth

“Pehle main lagaungi”

( First I will apply the paste)

Meera jumped like a bunny and smiled looking at the bowl of haldi. She gave ruhanika a mischievous smile and winked at her. I frowned at both of them.

Firstly they took a very small amount of paste on her palms and applied it on my cheeks,nose,forehead and feet making me giggle at them. Atlast, both of them took the whole paste on her hands and rubbed on my whole face and body.

I took the paste from the bowl and applied it on them and took the bucket from beside it,and poured the whole bucket of cold water on them. We giggled, laughed and joy the ceremony with full energy forgetting about the truth of the marriage.

I sighed and closed my eyes, realising that today is my marriage.

At night

Ruhanika and meera were helping me to get ready as my dearest chachi ji was busy counting the bundle of notes which received from Rathore’s family.

Choker necklace,long neck piece, bangles,anklet, waist band, rings, earrings, gajra and headband. I was covered with jewellery which made me feel suffocated like can't we get married in pyjamas. I shook my head at my thoughts.

“Shivi, look at you oh my god you are looking so beautiful”

Meera hugged me sideways and Ruhanika applied kajal from her eyes to behind my ears, protecting me from evil eyes.I gasped at my reflection, indeed I was looking beautiful and elegant for the first time in my life.

The red lehenga complimented my white skin, the blouse cut enchanting my curves and the lehenga looking stunning.

“Shivani,are you okay ?”

Ruhanika puts palm on my shoulder and asked me with worried eyes but I just gave her an assuring smile while she was still hesitating about my sudden marriage decision.

“Let's go girls, you can later do your chit- chat”

Chachi ji yelled from outside and we sighed. Ruhanika and meera helped me with the lehenga as it was 10 kg, it was feeling like I'm going to die in the weight of the lehenga but trust that would be better than marrying Vijay.

I felt a sudden tuck on my lehenga making me halt my steps. I turned back slowly looking at my lehenga stuck at the table. I don't know why. But getting my clothes stuck on tables becomes a new hobby for them. Ruhanika helped to remove it and we started taking further steps towards my new beginnings, beginning which I didn't even want to start but reality is not what we want, it is what needs to happen.

I looked at the hall which was decorated with flowers, curtains and lights. In the middle of the hall mandap was set up and there my soon to be husband was sitting with a smirk on his face. I start taking steps towards mandap, slowly like I wanted to pass the time quickly and don't want to face him.

I managed to walk on the mandap with this heavy lehenga but Vijay was least bothered about my lehenga as he was checking me out openly. I sighed and stood beside him and I was about to sit in my place suddenly we heard a gunshot making me startled at the sound.

We looked at the door which opened with the burst. A man wearing white kurta and matching pants, holding a gun in his hands, was standing in the middle with glaring eyes.  He was standing far away from me but the presence of his sending shivers to my spine.