Chapter Fifteen: May 29th, 1821

Omar plucked the flyer with Kallie's face off a tree trunk in the west village's town square. "Two hundred?" said Izara. 

"Why does this girl look familiar?" Wondered Omar.

Mariana took the paper from his hands; she studied it for a moment. "The young woman that was with Jamison the last time we saw him."

Eric looked over Mariana's shoulder. "You think he took the girl?" he asked, almost sounding proud. 

"Probably hopes to keep the reward for himself." mumbled Omar. 

Mariana tapped her chin as she gazed at the flyer.

"What are you thinking, darling?" Eric asked as he watched her. 

"We find the girl and collect our prize. We tell Jamison she ran off with another man and some much-needed family time will help him forget about her. I suspect he cares about her, unfortunately." she answered.

"And what about the wolves?" Izara questioned. "Are we still going to kill that one in the woods."

"Of course," Eric started. "That is what we came here for. I am getting fucking fed up with him chasing after us every time we try to see Jamison."

"You do still have the bullet, right my love?" Mariana asked. She smiled once Eric took the silver bullet out of his pocket.

"Your grandson is insane!" 

Chayton jumped as Jamison came barging into his secret garden. He knew Jamison was coming, he also felt like something else may be on its way, which distracted him. He had been uneasy all morning. 

"Ah," said Chayton, turning his attention away from the flowers he was watering and to Jamison. "So, the two of you spoke last night?"

"Um...yes! You'll never believe what that crazy wolf suggested."

"Before you say any more, you should know it was a much older, much crazier wolf that suggested it first." Chayton smirked.

Jamison stared at him with wonder. "I should have known." He rolled his eyes. 

"Did you not agree with the suggestion then?"

"Oh! I agreed alright!" Jamison sat on a rock, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Then what is the problem?" Chayton exclaimed.

"Well, um, first of all, he and I hate each other, have attempted to kill one another more times than I can count. And now we are going to share the same woman! That is if she agrees to this mess." 

Chayton laughed and laughed; Jamison stared at him with a smug look. "I bet you really wish you would have killed Tucker when you had the chance."

"You have no idea." Jamison mumbled.

Chayton continued laughing. "And now you can't kill one another because you both mean something to Kallie, and she would despise you if either of you harmed the other." 

Jamison stood. "I don't even know why I came to talk to you." He turned. "Crazy old man." He began leaving. 

"I actually think you are the crazy old man here." Chayton called out; Jamison stopped. "Why did you come here this morning, Jamison?"

Jamison turned back, then plopped back down on the rock. "You really think he and I can do this? Give Kallie the life she deserves, without killing each other?"

"I think that if you and Tucker really wanted to kill each other...then you would have done so by now. But neither of you are comfortable with taking an innocent life."