Kapitulo 33

Kapatid

Ginamit kong pamahid ang likod ng palad ko sa luhang lumandas, at tumayo saka lumabas ng kuwarto at hinanap siya. Nakailang mali na ba ako kay Zekeil? Hindi pa rin ako nagtanda. Hihingi ako ng sorry. Mali ako. Sinigawan ko na naman siya. Hindi ko na maintindihan ang puso ko.

I happened to pass by the library and I don't know why I went back. I first surveyed the hallway to see if there were any helpers around and when I saw that it was quiet, I discreetly pressed myself against the door. I tried to sense if there was someone inside and I wasn't wrong because someone spoke.

"Yes. I know, I know. but I still planned it to protect her," boses ni Tita Elis.

Napatigil ako. Kapag nahuli niya akong nakikinig sa kanila dito baka mas lalo lang siyang magalit sa akin. Akmang aalis nalang ako nang bigla namang may sumagot.

"What if she's doing things wrong at work. She's not a veterinarian! She's–"

Khellium?

I stepped back a bit and found myself staring at the door. He's still here. I thought he had left. Was he here for Tita? I have a question for him, so I reached the doorknob and was about to turn it open when I heard something again.

I stopped what I was planning and decided to just listen for now. Maybe I'll wait for them to finish. And it's probably not bad to listen once in a while. I'm just curious about their conversation, especially since they mentioned a veterinarian. I won't tell anyone whatever I learn now, so maybe I can listen.

"Shh! Enough with your what ifs. She underwent training for that. So don't judge her."

Are they talking about me? They didn't mention any name but I feel like that part was about me.

"Still, you shouldn't have done it, Mrs. Valverde. Six months is not enough!" He firmly said.

Anong ginawa? May masama bang ginawa si Tita?

"I know. That's why I had her sign a termination of contract when she was in the hospital. Nag-alala rin kasi akong magkamali siya. But so far, she hasn't. She's doing it good though. She gained good feedback too."

I guess they're not referring to me at all? Or... Maybe I just thought of myself because I'm also a veterinarian... I don't remember signing anything in the hospital that Tita Elis asked me to sign. Dito ko lang siya nakilala. I want to smack myself.

This assumption is getting worse.

But then who? I'm the only veterinarian who came from the hospital and trained for six months because of the accident.

"Not yet, my–" natigilan ito at hindi ko alam kung anong rason. "What if it happens in the future? I thought you were strict when it comes to your place. Why are you hiring such an unskilled worker?" Sabi nalang nito.

Nagpanting ang dalawa kong tainga sa narinig. Unskilled worker? Hindi naman siguro. Wala naman sigurong taong kinukuha dahil hindi skilled.

Grabe naman yata siya kung magsalita.

If I really have a husband and that's him, then I am wondering how I ended up with him when his attitude is like this. I cannot stand it. It's far from what I expected. Maybe that's why I lost my memory of him because of this. My life with him is nonsense! I want to divorce him.

"Young man, I hired her because I see potential."

I feel a warm hand touch my heart. She's so kind. Hindi tulad ni Khellium. Magaspang ang ugali!

"You just said she's not good!"

Bakit ba siya nanggigiit?

"And either bad, Mr. Villiarde!"