Chapter Twenty Two - Ball Prep

Start from the beginning

Hermione tilted her head to look at her friend. "You mean after I have another drink?"
"No," Pansy rolled her eyes. "After you turn around. That owl you have been waiting on has just landed." Hermione spun around so fast all the girls gigged, and sure enough, there was a beautiful white own perched on the ledge with its left held out. Hermione quickly untied the envelope and stroked the birds' chest before it turned and took off again. Hermione wasted no time and tore open the envelope, unfolding the letter. The girls could see Hermione's eyes moving at lightening speed across the paper before she smiled. "She is having a ball from the sounds of it. My parents have arrived to take her for the night."

"I still can't believe Draco found her parents for you and that their memories were able to be restored. I am sure it was a real shock for them to see you again?" Ginny asked as Hermione closed the window and sat down next to her on the bed.
"I was in shock when Draco asked me to go with him to a meeting. I had no idea what he was talking about. Then, when he said we had to take a Port Key, I was so confused. I never, in a million years, expected us to arrive in Australia." Hermione explained. "We headed to the Australian Ministry, and when we arrived, they took us straight to the Minister's suite where the private investigator and the Alchemist were waiting with my parents. They were in a sort of trance so they wouldn't completely freak out."

"Makes sense," Ginny shrugged.
"I was a mess. I couldn't stop crying. Draco and I were not even together properly at this stage. We kissed, and that was about it. But I clung onto him as the Alchemist got to work. It took less than 10 minutes and my parents came back. As if they awoke and saw me. They could remember everything about moving to Australia but couldn't remember seeing me. I had to fill them in on everything," Ginny grimaced. "Yeah, they were both very angry that I would do that, but they understood my intentions and t worked so they were very quick to forgive. Then I was able to fill them in on everything that happened from I last saw them. How we defeated the Dark Lord with Draco helping Harry during the battle. Then, about me trying to find them and my last year of school before moving away and meeting Draco and him finding them for me."

Ginny simply sighed with a smile on her face. "Wow!"
"My father was a little stand-offish with Draco at first. He remembered all the stories I had told them during school. But I explained how much Draco had changed and what he had done for me, and then Draco and my father bonded over beers. I have no idea what they said to each other, but they came back to my parents' house that evening with their arms around each other, like best buds. I think my dad could see how much Draco and I meant to each other even then." She gave a smile at the memory as she looked at Ginny. "I don't think I have ever been this happy."

"You look it," Ginny laughed. "I can see it on your face. You just seem so...content. I know you love Draco, it's obvious and he loves you. You are lucky to have found someone so perfect for you. And it is fantastic that you were able to put your past aside and move forward together. You have the type of relationship the rest of us aspire to have."
"Yes, she does," Luna laughed. "Well said, Gin."
"Those two are perfect together. It's more than love. It's..." Daphne faltered. "I don't know exactly, but it's more than love."
"Everyone else has to work on their relationships," Pansy explained. "Not that we don't love our partners, but they have flaws, we all do. And we fight. We aren't always going to see eye to eye on everything. And that's OK. But Hermione and Draco are different."
Luna laughed. "Even their arguing is cute. They never stay mad at each other, and they always manage to talk through their issues and come to a compromise quickly."

Hermione now took the seat at the vanity unit to finish off her makeup as Daphne took over, styling her hair. "You all make it sound so amazing. But really, we have the same struggles as everyone else. We fight like all couples, but we never go to bed on an argument. We talk it out and listen to each other. We work hard to keep our relationship going. But at the end of the day, I love him, and I will always be on his side."

She smiled, turning back to the mirror as Pansy began to lift brushes and palettes and took over the makeup application. "I think a golden, smokey eye for you, Mia," she smiled.
"You know best, Pans. I will go with whatever you say," Hermione smiled up at the girl.
"Good because I'm halfway though," she said with a cheesy grin.

By 5.15pm, the girls were dolled up with their makeup and hair sitting to perfection and their dresses on. Pansy made the girls go into the bathroom one at a time, coming out to show off their outfits (as she designed them all). First was Pansy herself in a beautiful black dress with golden sparkles on the outer tulle layer and a skit up to her thigh. Her hair was poker straight but pinned behind her ears to show off her beautiful complexion.

Next up was Luna, who wore a princess style baby blue dress. Baby blue was her favourite colour, and Pansy loved to dress her in it as it matched her eyes. Her hair was up in an elegant do, with braids which seemed to loop around like a flower on the nape of her neck. She came out particularly giddy as she twirled and got the girls before sitting down to allow Daphne to go next.

Daphne's dress was a lilac corset bodice with a tulle layered skirt. Her long fair hair sat in a half up do, and her eyeshadow matched the shade of her dress perfectly. "I feel like a goddess!" She smiled, clapping her hands innexcitement.
"And you look like one!" Hermione grinned. "Wait to Theo sees you in this."
"He may need to change his underwear before he leaves the dorm," Luna added, making Daphne blush.

"Alright, Ginny, you next," Pansy declared. "I can't wait to see what you think of the changes I made." Ginny didn't need telling twice and practically ran into the bathroom. For several minutes, no one heard a peeip before an "Oh Merlin!" The door opened, and Ginny stepped out. Her dress beforehand was nice. A simple deep red ball down with a high square neckline. But Pansy cut into the neckline, making a deep 'V' shape showing off her chest as well as thinner straps and removing the back completely, showing her gorgeous lightly freckled skin. She also cut a slit in the skirt much like her own, right up the thing to show a bit of leg. Ginnys hair was loosely braided and hanging over her shoulder. She had a pretty light coloured eye with a deep red lip. She could only gasp when she saw herself as she had never worn anything as grown up or provocative before. She looked and felt sexy. "Pansy...I...wow!" She spluttered.
"I'm glad you like it," Pansy smiled. "You look amazing!"
"So sexy," Hermione nodded. This outfit perfectly matched Ginnys firery personality.
Ginny beamed. "Thanks. Now your turn, Hermione."

Hermione downed the rest of her drink and stepped into the bathroom, slipping on her dress and heels. She always loved every outfit Pansy picked out for her. She always managed to outdo herself, and this time was no different. Hermione, usually frizzy hair, was curled glamorously and hanging down her shoulders. Her dress was a nude/gold sparkly number. As she left the bathroom, she couldn't help but sway in the dress, making the sparkles dance and catch each girls eye. "Hely fuck Mia!" Daphne gasped. "Wow!"
"Pansy, she looks incredible!" Ginny agreed.
"Helps when the model is gorgeous," Pansy winked. "But we all look great. I think I did good!"