22. 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞

Începe de la început

Finally opening his eyes, he notices that Arya was pressed against him, her back facing him as his arm wrapped around her. He furrows his eyebrows, seeing how her eyes were closed. Had he just imagined someone speaking to him? He groans a bit, dropping his head back where it was, snuggling a bit more against Arya and trying to go back to sleep.

That was until he felt someone hit his back harshly. Finnick flinches a bit, his head snapping behind him. He had to squint his eyes a bit but he saw Katniss was next to him. Finnick sighs, looking up at the ceiling. So, someone was talking to him and that meant he wouldn't be left alone now. He turns onto his back, unwrapping himself from Arya and just resting his hand on his lower stomach.

Arya felt this, trying to force the frown that was forming at the cool breeze that hit her skin. She didn't want him to let her go, she wanted to stay like that. Biting her lip slightly, she moved a bit on the bed, but just enough that they believed she was still asleep. Then, she lets out a small groan before turning her body to face the other way. Her body hits Finnick again but she rests her head on his chest, cuddling up next to him as her hands grip his shirt. Well, they tried to. But all she was met with was bare skin.

Her breath halted as her hand pressed against his abs. He had taken his shirt off. When? Arya didn't know. It wasn't that she was complaining but she could all but feel her cheeks turning a deep shade of red. Finnick stayed still, lifting his hand and placing it on her back in order to not startle her awake. "Coin wants to see us." Katniss says, finally breaking the silence. Finnick rolls his eyes, bringing his free hand up to rub his face. It really was too early to hear her bullshit. "Arya too." She adds. This causes Finnick to snap his gaze to Katniss.

"No, she's not ready." Finnick denies, shaking his head. He was about to sit up but didn't because of Arya.

"She doesn't care." Katniss admits with a sigh. "I tried to fight her on it but she said she'd just have guards escort her." She explains. And that would just end very badly... well, for the guards.

Finnick wasn't about to just allow Coin to see her though. "She's been moving all night, she barely just got to sleep." He had felt her moving, her breathing not soften as she tried to sleep. Finnick felt awful for falling asleep, but hed had trouble too before he started to stay in her room.

"I'm sorry." Katniss apologizes, knowing how hard it was for Arya to fall asleep. Her eyes flicker between them again, and she couldn't help but smirk. "You look super comfy though." She teases him as she starts to back up a little.

Finnick only glares. "Don't even start." He warns her, his voice hushed. She just laughs as she starts making kissy faces toward him. Finnick wanted to throw a pillow at her but settled to just flipping her off. Katniss gives him a wink before closing the door.

He takes a deep breath, his jaw clenching as he didn't want to move. He didn't want to wake her, especially for someone like Coin. She looked so peaceful as she rested on his chest. "Arya?" Finnick says softly, his hand rubbing her back a bit. Arya didn't want to open her eyes too soon because that would just be suspicious.

She felt his head lift, moving closer to her as his hand continued to run over her lower back. "Hey, sweetheart. You have to wake up." There it was again, sweetheart. Arya was sure she hated that nickname, until he said it again. Her heart fluttered. "Ba--" Finnick cut himself off, his eyes going wide. But luckily for him, Arya hadn't heard his mistake.

Baby. That's what he was gonna call her. Why the hell would he do that? Finnick squeezed his eyes shut as he tilted his head back. If he had said that and she heard him, he would surely just hand himself to the Capitol at that point. Finnick didn't know why that word tried to escape from his lips. It just felt natural for some reason. "Arya?" He says after clearing his throat.